Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Page 1 of 2034
May 25, 2018
Holds up a lot more after dealing with Disney Star Wars
May 24, 2018
The movie itself is decent, but as a Star Wars movie, it lacks a good beginning to the Star Wars franchise.
May 23, 2018
2/5. The podrace and the final duel are both awesome, Darth Maul is an awesome looking villain, and Liam Neeson and Ewan McGregor are fine, but The Phantom Menage has a dull story that doesn't make much sense, along with characters that are ether boring or cringeworthy.
May 23, 2018
I enjoyed the movie, Special Effects have come a long way since the original trilogy. Jar Jar is very annoying, Minor spoiler, After Qui-gon and Obi-wan get through the planet core, they should have force choked Jar Jar.
May 22, 2018
Three stars for Darth Maul alone!
just needed more Maul
May 21, 2018
Nothing more to say. Awful.
May 21, 2018
In retrospect... not as bad as we thought Star Wars could be...
May 21, 2018
Mee teesa rodda co pana pee choppa chawa!
May 21, 2018
Loved it I could watch it for 24 hours straight.
½ May 21, 2018
The Phantom Menace crafts an interesting and well weaved storyline of what took place even longer ago in the galaxy crafted since the original Star Wars. While most critics are quick to judge, watching this film shows that the direction was to show and set up how the Jedi came to be all extinct to line up the Saga with the original films. The politics do not bore in the slightest as Sidious plots out how he plans to defeat the Jedi by using the galaxy's very own people against them. However, while this film was entertaining, it holds up mistakes - the biggest one clearly being the inclusion of Jar Jar Binks. The climax of the film brings together the future of how we may see the story of the Jedi's end and the birth of Darth Vader in a trilogy starter.
½ May 21, 2018
This movie sets the stage for a trilogy that disappointed me. The greatest failing in this movie, and for the trilogy as a whole, is a matter of pacing. A focus on CGI graphics over characters makes for a movie that cannot hold up.
½ May 20, 2018
I love this movie!!!!
½ May 20, 2018
Not great but it feels like a star wars movie looks lile a star wars movie and shows a world before the empire. Still fun to watch.
May 20, 2018
It has its flaws but overall, it's an engaging and entertaining movie that left me wanting to see more of what Star Wars had to offer. The acting wasn't always great, but with the script they were given, it's hard to blame the actors. Despite that, most of the characters in this movie were great. The fights were amazing. The action scenes were mostly great. Some slow political processes in the movie, but they didn't take away from the movie. They were important in explaining why things were happening the way they were. Overall, it felt like a Star Wars movie and made me want more.
May 20, 2018
Not as bad as everyone makes out.
May 19, 2018
Jar jar. Midiclorians. Pod racing. A fight that lasts a few seconds. Nuff said.
Better than Disney's Star Wars
May 19, 2018
Loved this film - totally underrated by people who either haven't seen it or watched it as a kid. It has aged really well too.
Great non Disney film