Summer Wars (Sama Wozu) Reviews

• Dec 10, 2018

Enjoyed watching this, predictable story but still a good watch.

Enjoyed watching this, predictable story but still a good watch.

• Sep 28, 2018

One of the best anime movies in recent history that I can watch from beginning to end with the same amount of enjoyment that I had the first time I watched it. It has great animation and the American voice cast does a fantastic job with their characters. I definitely recommend it for anyone looking for a movie that reminds them of Hayao Miyazaki's work.

• Aug 20, 2018

2018-8-20 I've watched this before but don't remember the story. It's a cute little one especially the big family part.

• Jun 29, 2018

As a kid I would have given it 5 stars.

As a kid I would have given it 5 stars.

• Mar 29, 2018

Another impressive movie from director Mamoru Hosada, Summer Wars is a must see for anime fan, and movie fans in general.

• Jan 08, 2018

Hosoda's "Summer Wars/Sama Wozu" beautifully animates a fantasy world packed with imaginative creatures (avatars get it?), designs, and action scenes to explain humanity's overdependence on the increasing Internet of Things; a frightening prediction of what may come in the future. The film also celebrates family life with a loving cast of characters and a welcoming environment that invites us to be a part of them just like the main character, Kenji. However, the film is held back from being great because it poorly uses not one, but two plot devices to reach its climax and conclusion. They're devices that normally would piss a moviegoer enough to not like the film at all. With that said, the film left me feeling good inside by the end of credits, so that must account for something? P.S. To any "Digimon" fans out there, this was the film that should've been to represent the franchise back in the early 2000's. *winks*

• Nov 18, 2017

Must see. Wonderful blend of the past, the present, and the inevitable future.

Must see. Wonderful blend of the past, the present, and the inevitable future.

• Aug 18, 2017

Incredibly cheesy with a ridiculously silly plot involving online avatars, 'Summer Wars' is one animated film that I don't see appealing to many adults. That being said, there is an underlying theme of family sticking together, no matter what, and presenting a united front to defeat the odds - that's certainly something that I can get behind.

• Aug 18, 2017

While Summer Wars doesn't have an entirely original story, it makes up for it with beautiful animation, likable characters, and great action sequences.

• Jun 07, 2017

This movie is like War Games and The Family Stone had a baby!

This movie is like War Games and The Family Stone had a baby!