Sunshine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sunshine Reviews

½ July 21, 2017
extremadamente larga e innecesaria. ilógica, un tipo todo quemado y se supone que por lo tanto débil es capaz de levantar a otra persona con una sola mano, además si atravesó la conexión entre naves, imposible que nadie se diera cuenta.
July 10, 2017
It's confusing to follow at times but awesome to look at and great sound for your ears. Mashup of sci-fi, horror, suspense.
May 30, 2017
Can't believe this is now 10 years old! I actually liked it a lot better this time round. Stunning aesthetically and aurally, but uniquely for a film of this type, the crew is made up of intelligent characters who actually act like rational humans, with the unfolding tragedy the result of genuine user error, rather than any big space creature or alien. Gotta admit, I even like the controversial 3rd act, and Chris Evans proves he can actually act too. Well worth a re-watch.
May 25, 2017
Y luego se aburren y se ríen de estas películas!!!!
½ May 11, 2017
Rotten to the computer core!
½ April 20, 2017
A good Sci-Fi movie with a great cast.
April 16, 2017
Sunshine is a under appreciated sci-fi by Danny Boyle. It features a ton of great cinematography and a great ensemble cast. The story is handled with great care, and I was really enjoying this film for a large portion of it. The massive usage of yellow and other warm colors works great. This film hardly skipped a beat...until the last 25 minutes. Then it turned into some kind of slasher flick and the movie really lost me as a result. I still enjoyed the last 25 minutes, but it was a completely different film than what I was accustomed to for the rest of the time building up to it. However, I cannot lie that as a whole there is a lot of great things about this movie, and should probably get more recognition than it receives.
April 4, 2017
Out of all the movies I've ever seen, Sunshine is the one that I've watched the most because it is very addicting.

This is set in the future when the sun is dying out. 8 astronauts then have to go to the sun to deliver a stellar bomb in hopes of re-starting the sun. But the mission proves to be increasingly difficult.

I wasn't a fan at first but this has grown on me a lot. This is a very entertaining movie. It will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. What I like about it is that it kept me engaged all throughout it. Every single one of its action sequences keeps you on the edge of your seats the entire time. The sacrifices made by the crew members are heroic and jaw-dropping. Every characters death scene is handled with care and is done superbly. The movie handles its scenes with care to make them look as good as possible. The movie has a lot of repeat watchability due to this and it adds a whole lot to this movie.

I know that a lot of people complained about Pinbacker, but I disagree with you all. The movie needed something big to spice things up. It needed something to raise tension. Otherwise, the movie would've just been bland. Pinbacker brought a lot of tension to the movie and he carried it with excellence. I know that it's a drastic change of plot so I can understand why someone might not like it. However, what you have to admit is that Pinbacker was a lot better than most slasher/horror movies nowadays. Also, the final third had moving scenes too. Mays death was an amazing scene, the Capa's jump scene is tense and well-done, and the last 5 minutes is just downright beautiful.

This is a really underrated movie. It deserves much more praise. I think that this is a masterpiece. I've seen a few good arguments people have been bringing up but they don't affect my opinion of this. This is one of my favorite movies of all time.
½ February 26, 2017
The scariest movie I've ever seen.
February 8, 2017
great sci-fi adventure/survival movie. lots of beautifully-shot scenes. the visuals and cinematography were superb. the story was great, lots of suspense. good cast. (3 viewings)
February 6, 2017
Similar to Event Horizon but not as good but watchable
January 14, 2017
Different, intriguing,
January 5, 2017
Sunshine is a thoroughly entertaining film. Despite its over-ambitious characters and what-the-hell final act, the story is solid, packed with great visuals, strange alien-ness, moderately good cast performances, and also, some abnormal scenes.
½ December 29, 2016
Fifty years from now, the sun is dying, and mankind is dying with it. Our last hope: a spaceship and a crew of eight men and women. They carry a device which will breathe new life into the star. But deep into their voyage, out of radio contact with Earth, their mission is starting to unravel. There is an accident, a fatal mistake, and a distress beacon from a spaceship that disappeared seven years earlier. Soon the crew is fighting not only for their lives, but their sanity.
½ October 11, 2016
Sunshine is able to thrill and impress despite an uneven final act, largely thanks to strong performances and Danny Boyle's radiant visual effects.
October 9, 2016
Just awful. I mean, it looks pretty. But none of it makes sense. The first two thirds is straight forward disaster movie fodder which would have been fine. I could overlook the obvious nonsense that the plot hinges on our sun dying, but it can be restarted by a bomb the size of Manhattan ffs, and that for some reason we decided against the sensible idea of sending a robotic craft. But then they decided that wasn't enough and to go a bit "Event Horizon " on us for the ending. But it ends up being a mess.
October 6, 2016
Good film with good twists
September 22, 2016
If a Science Fiction film is to be taken seriously, it must be believable. I'm no scientist but I'm sure there are several inaccuracies here. I found it hard to believe that a team of experts who are sent into space to save the world are mainly in their 20s and they are reckless enough to get into physical fights with each other over small things. It looks like they were just pulled off the street instead of undergoing years of technical, physical, and mental training. And the catalyst for the movie, the deviation of the course of the ship, is done by one guy, on his own, while everyone is asleep and not even the captain is present. And of course, to quote the character in question, it "fucks up". Gimme a break.
September 9, 2016
One of the best science fiction films in a long time. Cillian Murphy's performance is amazing along with the rest of the cast and one of the few times Chris Evans has impressed me in film.
½ September 4, 2016
A fairly good movie. Had to watch it twice to come up with my final conclusion. It's one of those movies where you have to pay attention to things said earlier on in order to understand certain things. The only downside is that most of the characters makes the wrong decision but it wouldn't be a movie if they didn't.