Sunshine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sunshine Reviews

½ December 13, 2017
garbage. confusing editing, pointless flares and motion blur and a bunch of added elements that contributed to nothing but more confusion. not to mention the villain made no sense, and at best it was an insult to any form of belief in god.
December 12, 2017
Otherwise known as Cillian Murphy Saves the Universe. And battles mutant deformed god-being. No plot twist as promised...but about as bad as it sounds.
December 5, 2017
There are a few things that could have made this movie better, but overall a very enjoyable movie. It was a fresh stand alone scify movie.
November 25, 2017
Pack your SPF "OVER 9000!!!!" and wear sunglasses on your sunglasses on your sunglasses on your... because we're going on an epic adventure in the Danny Boyle sci-fi thriller Sunshine. Let's be honest, much like The Iron Giant and Cloud Atlas, this movie falls under the category of "underrated". The visuals are great, the music is beautifully composed both in the trailer and in the movie, the performances of the cast are great (generic good quality in a movie that I seem to compliment one too many times) and it does a good job of sucking you in the story. The big plot twist at the third act nearly ruins everything as it suddenly becomes a horror movie that goes full-on Alien. But, there are worse plot twists and/or tonal shifts in movies and I'm not talking about Iron Man 3. Sunshine represents a fine philosophical study in humanity that also shows the dangerously overwhelming power of the Sun that will be remembered by the relatively few people that saw this movie as "the movie where Captain America, Scarecrow, Moira MacTaggert and, double entendre intended, Wong went to space. Oh, and there was also Michelle Yeoh and a few other people whose names I forgot".
October 28, 2017
One of the best films ever made. I marvel in awe every time I watch it. The acting is great, especially Chris Evans, the effects are amazing, the story is believable, just. And the direction. I'm not normally a big fan of Danny Boyle because his films, while good, are not necessarily emotionally engaging. But this film. You've got to watch it. Yes, there are plot holes and the science is all over the place, but that doesn't stop it from being a brilliant film.
October 26, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 5 | Acting 4 | Cinematography 5 | Film Editing 5

#Visual: Costume Design 4 | Makeup & Hairstyling 4 | Scenic Design 5 | Lighting 4 | Visual Effects 5

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 5 | Sound Editing & Mixing 5

#Overall (1~10): 8
½ October 20, 2017
The end doesn't really fit the rest of the movie.
October 13, 2017
Now I understand the running joke on "The Infinite Monkey Cage" about Brian Cox serving as science adviser to this most unscientific of sci-fi movies. Did they just ignore everything Brian advised?
October 10, 2017
Does so well in it's first 3 quarters that the last section is a disappointment, even if it was solid.
September 15, 2017
Worst movie ever if you like logic.
September 12, 2017
Even if it falls apart for no apparent reason by the end, Sunshine remains an engaging, smart, and gorgeous sci-fi thriller.
September 9, 2017
I remember watching this visually stunning film. It's been some years ago. "We're all stardust anyway," right? The mission with a nuclear bomb as big as Manhattan, meant to resuscitate the sun in order to save the humans on planet earth is pretty deep. Then to find a ship sent before yours.

I suppose, Getting too much close and intense sunshine is not only hazardous to our physical well being but also to our mental health.
August 26, 2017
One of the best sci-fi movies around. I would like to give it 4.9 as I'd like to take out one gory scene but that's about it.
½ August 21, 2017
Would've been a for sure 5, but the 3rd act with the killer Captain from the Icarus 1 was LAME!!!
July 30, 2017
Danny Boyle ventures into the sci-fi genre now setting up a story involving a group of astronauts setting up an artificial sun to save Earth from extinction
a well-rounded cast from Cillian Murphy to Rose Byrne to Michelle Yeoh to Chris Evans
the vessel called the Icarus failed the first time now Icarus 2's mission is to carry out what they couldn't do
it's very heartbreaking to watch but so impressive in many other ways
is the mission more important or just staying alive?
the team's will is tested again and again, should they mess with the will of God? is it better to let mankind die out?
Danny Boyle gives us wonderful visuals along with some intense thrills and complex emotions
the sun is just as important to anyone to continue life's natural progression
it's beautiful but dangerous too
½ July 28, 2017
Well made movie about a crew, who are traveling to the Sun to save the Earth. I especially "liked" how they had managed to make the sun seem so horribly dangerous and how there was not room for even one mistake that close to the sun. All in all very entertaining.
½ July 21, 2017
extremadamente larga e innecesaria. ilógica, un tipo todo quemado y se supone que por lo tanto débil es capaz de levantar a otra persona con una sola mano, además si atravesó la conexión entre naves, imposible que nadie se diera cuenta.
July 10, 2017
It's confusing to follow at times but awesome to look at and great sound for your ears. Mashup of sci-fi, horror, suspense.
May 30, 2017
Can't believe this is now 10 years old! I actually liked it a lot better this time round. Stunning aesthetically and aurally, but uniquely for a film of this type, the crew is made up of intelligent characters who actually act like rational humans, with the unfolding tragedy the result of genuine user error, rather than any big space creature or alien. Gotta admit, I even like the controversial 3rd act, and Chris Evans proves he can actually act too. Well worth a re-watch.
May 25, 2017
Y luego se aburren y se ríen de estas películas!!!!