Sunshine - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Sunshine Reviews

½ February 20, 2018
I LOVE 'Sunshine'. It is so, so great, and is exactly my type of film, but desperately wish I could love it more. It is such a beautiful and artful movie, and it gripped me from start to finish. From the middle onwards until the end, events began to unfold with increasing frequency where I kept telling myself that I could have done something better instead. I am so jealous that I wasn't the one who made this movie but boy am I glad it exists. Whatever its flaws in logic or direction, I can rationalize anything because I am too fond of this movie to complain about it. Must-watch sci-fi.
½ February 10, 2018
I love this film. I can admit that parts of it are hokey, however, compared to other films they put out these days (2018) it's fantastic and captured my interest from beginning to end.
February 9, 2018
Literally one of the best scifi movies ever! And probably one of the best soundtracks ever!
February 2, 2018
An absolutely memorizing, quiet movie. Though I didn't care for the last 20 minutes, I'm in love with the other 125. If you are wanting to see Sunshine, by all means do. It's so brilliantly constructed and beautifully raw that I was so affected by the quiet gore and the movie's slow pace, intelligent action and believable scenarios. Just excuse the silly climax.
January 13, 2018
An extremely smart sci-fi suspense filled ride to revive a dying sun.
½ December 25, 2017
M-F

8.4

[Danny Boyle]
½ December 13, 2017
garbage. confusing editing, pointless flares and motion blur and a bunch of added elements that contributed to nothing but more confusion. not to mention the villain made no sense, and at best it was an insult to any form of belief in god.
December 12, 2017
Otherwise known as Cillian Murphy Saves the Universe. And battles mutant deformed god-being. No plot twist as promised...but about as bad as it sounds.
December 5, 2017
There are a few things that could have made this movie better, but overall a very enjoyable movie. It was a fresh stand alone scify movie.
November 25, 2017
Pack your SPF "OVER 9000!!!!" and wear sunglasses on your sunglasses on your sunglasses on your... because we're going on an epic adventure in the Danny Boyle sci-fi thriller Sunshine. Let's be honest, much like The Iron Giant and Cloud Atlas, this movie falls under the category of "underrated". The visuals are great, the music is beautifully composed both in the trailer and in the movie, the performances of the cast are great (generic good quality in a movie that I seem to compliment one too many times) and it does a good job of sucking you in the story. The big plot twist at the third act nearly ruins everything as it suddenly becomes a horror movie that goes full-on Alien. But, there are worse plot twists and/or tonal shifts in movies and I'm not talking about Iron Man 3. Sunshine represents a fine philosophical study in humanity that also shows the dangerously overwhelming power of the Sun that will be remembered by the relatively few people that saw this movie as "the movie where Captain America, Scarecrow, Moira MacTaggert and, double entendre intended, Wong went to space. Oh, and there was also Michelle Yeoh and a few other people whose names I forgot".
October 28, 2017
One of the best films ever made. I marvel in awe every time I watch it. The acting is great, especially Chris Evans, the effects are amazing, the story is believable, just. And the direction. I'm not normally a big fan of Danny Boyle because his films, while good, are not necessarily emotionally engaging. But this film. You've got to watch it. Yes, there are plot holes and the science is all over the place, but that doesn't stop it from being a brilliant film.
October 26, 2017
Review (1~5)

#Content: Script 5 | Acting 4 | Cinematography 5 | Film Editing 5

#Visual: Costume Design 4 | Makeup & Hairstyling 4 | Scenic Design 5 | Lighting 4 | Visual Effects 5

#Sound: Score & Soundtracks 5 | Sound Editing & Mixing 5

#Overall (1~10): 8
½ October 20, 2017
The end doesn't really fit the rest of the movie.
October 13, 2017
Now I understand the running joke on "The Infinite Monkey Cage" about Brian Cox serving as science adviser to this most unscientific of sci-fi movies. Did they just ignore everything Brian advised?
October 10, 2017
Does so well in it's first 3 quarters that the last section is a disappointment, even if it was solid.
September 15, 2017
Worst movie ever if you like logic.
September 12, 2017
Even if it falls apart for no apparent reason by the end, Sunshine remains an engaging, smart, and gorgeous sci-fi thriller.
September 9, 2017
I remember watching this visually stunning film. It's been some years ago. "We're all stardust anyway," right? The mission with a nuclear bomb as big as Manhattan, meant to resuscitate the sun in order to save the humans on planet earth is pretty deep. Then to find a ship sent before yours.

I suppose, Getting too much close and intense sunshine is not only hazardous to our physical well being but also to our mental health.
August 26, 2017
One of the best sci-fi movies around. I would like to give it 4.9 as I'd like to take out one gory scene but that's about it.
½ August 21, 2017
Would've been a for sure 5, but the 3rd act with the killer Captain from the Icarus 1 was LAME!!!