Switchback Reviews

• Jan 19, 2020

Absolutely loved this movie. Unexpected turns keep you anticipating what unfolds next.

• Jan 19, 2020

I went with 2 1/2 stars with this movie, I was gonna give this movie more but went with 2 1/2 stars. I saw that this movie had a lot of mixed reviews, I liked this movie I have never seen or even heard of this movie since a few years ago when my bf showed me this movie. Danny Glover plays a killer around this small mountain town and I thought that Danny Glover as a killer was different I thought that he did good as a killer/bad guy. Slow at times and some small talk but a decent movie I seen this movie many times, and I'd watch this movie again.

• Nov 29, 2019

A twisty mess, with lots of red herrings and the requisite Hollywood action movie stuff--a car plunge in the snowy Colorado Rockies and a climactic scene with the good guy and bad guy fighting it out while hanging off on a fast-moving freight train. Maybe Dennis Quaid was acting as the director instructed, but I've never seen such a stiff, unemotional performance. He's frowning in virtually every scene. Yes, his son has been kidnaped, but he's so dispassionate, we don't feel any of his pain. Danny Glover is enjoyable as the quirky former railroad man, but his character is so implausible, especially toward the end, that he has to work hard to be credible. Even a good actor like him can't pull it off. It's the script's fault, not his. R. Lee Ermey's sheriff is the best thing in the film. You may remember him from Stanley Kubrick's Full Metal Jacket. A Marine drill instructor, he was hired as a consultant for that film, and then Kubrick realized what a talented actor he was and used him in the cast. The whole thing adds up to be a typical Hollywood thriller with all the usual predictable tricks. It's nothing groundbreaking, for sure, but it will keep you watching. Afterwards, you'll forget about it. And what's with the first scene? The creepy guy at the front door is unexplained, unless I missed something. 2 1/2 stars for Ermey's performance and glorious cinematography in rural Texas and the mountains of Colorado.

• Nov 14, 2016

A solid thriller that will keep you in suspense. Danny Glover and Jared Leto were paired well as mysterious travelers. A much better movie than people have said, but it could have had a stronger ending. (First and only viewing - 11/14/2016)

• Sep 07, 2016

I didn't go into this with very high expectations as I generally expect older "thrillers" to be kind of lame, but I was very pleased.

• May 11, 2015

Glover as the villain is worth a look but the generic jumbled script is this movies undoing.

• Dec 09, 2014

Far fetched but entertaining

Far fetched but entertaining

• Aug 16, 2014

Tense intrigue. Keeps you guessing. They don't make movies like this anymore: simple but effective at keeping you on the edge of your seat. Denis Quaid is always sympathetic as the good guy wronged. Danny Glover makes you wonder what it's all about, and you're still not sure by the end.

• Jun 01, 2014

Anti-climactic thriller which settles for the American scenery. 01.06.14

Anti-climactic thriller which settles for the American scenery. 01.06.14

• Mar 27, 2014

Ok story, but lack of consistency throughout film.

Ok story, but lack of consistency throughout film.