The Talented Mr. Ripley Reviews

• Oct 06, 2019

All that...& that’s how it ends?! Thumbs down 👎🏼

All that...& that’s how it ends?! Thumbs down 👎🏼

• Sep 09, 2019

A masterpiece! All aspects come together, from the writing and cinematography, to the stellar cast, with wonderful performances from Cate Blanchett, Matt Damon, Jude Law and Phillip Seymour Hoffman!

• Aug 09, 2019

Weird and not great. Too long.

Weird and not great. Too long.

• Aug 04, 2019

Spoiler alert: So a movie where the villain prevails big time in the end? If I want that I'll turn on the nightly news. We go to the movies to see the good guys win out. This sucked. I want my 2+ hours back.

• Jun 09, 2019

It seems that everything is really convenient here when it comes to the plot. Probably the job of the screenwriter was quite difficult, considering the type of novel they had to put on screen.

• May 01, 2019

The best thrilling movie ever made!

The best thrilling movie ever made!

• Mar 08, 2019

This film was very well executed. The story wasn't so far fetched that it wasn't believable..... quite the opposite actually and I think that's what made it a huge success. There are several layers to Tom Ripley at we explore as the movie grinds on and each one has its own twist. He's poor. Now he's rich. He's gay. He's a murderer. He's depressed. He's in love. He's talented. We as the audience see the world through his eyes and actually feel compassion for him despite his dark nature. He becomes less likable and more creepy towards the end. It's really a movie with 2 distinct halves. Damon, Patrow, and Law were all brilliant.

• Feb 23, 2019

This remake is an all time classic too now ! Both movies are great because of the plot, scenery and casts! 5 stars from ne

• Jan 28, 2019

Becoming invisible is a skill, executed in cunning ways through his character of mr.ripley

• Dec 19, 2018

By my count this is the third film based on the Tom Ripley character created by Patricia Highsmith. I still feel that the Alain Delon starrer Purple Noon is the best and if anyone wants to see the films based on the book I suggest they start with that movie. However this film is pretty good in its own right as well. The Talented Mr. Ripley is in the same category as movies like The Hand That Rocks the Cradle, where a psycho befriends a character before turning murderous. The Talented Mr. Ripley aims a little higher than most of these cut-and-slash motion pictures, since the focus is on character interaction and the cat-and-mouse game Tom plays with the authorities, rather than on cheap thrills. Despite Damon's weak performance, a running time that's about 15 minutes too long, and a certain over-familiarity of some plot elements, The Talented Mr. Ripley still manages to be of passable entertainment value. It's not a great thriller, but, for the most part, it will hold a viewer's attention.