Reviews

• Sep 10, 2020

Although the setting is decently creative, and some of the film references within the flick are somewhat clever, the things that primarily brings down Gingerdead Man 2: Passion of the Crust, is the slow pacing, poorly written characters, and inconsistent humor.

• Jun 22, 2020

Weird mix of comedy and horror that forgets the humor and settles for cheese.

Weird mix of comedy and horror that forgets the humor and settles for cheese.

• Feb 28, 2020

Smarter and dumber than any other movie in the franchise.

Smarter and dumber than any other movie in the franchise.

• Jun 27, 2017

The Gingerdead Man 2 does more or less what the original movie did, but removes any semblance of motivation, ditches Gary Busey and relegates the title character to the background for much of its runtime. The first film was funny and likable at times, while being indisputably cheesy, but the sequel doesn't have enough of an aim or point to make it as interesting. In the first film, the Gingerdead Man was the resurrected soul of a serial killer out for revenge. Here we have no idea who is inhabiting the doughy, scowling vessel, or why he wants to kill people. He's just evil, I suppose. The video quality has improved somewhat, but if what you're seeing onscreen is unsatisfactory, then it doesn't really matter. Looking at a bowl of gruel through a freshly-cleaned window doesn't improve its taste. It's an unsubstantial movie where the lead character is essentially a bit-part, popping up from time to time to remind us that he's still in it, and occasionally offing a person because he's bad and that's what he's supposed to do. I've never seen a biscuit being crucified on screen before, and it's about the only enduring image I got from this half-baked film, no pun intended.

• Apr 19, 2014

The Gingerdead Man slices and dices a film crew at a movie studio. The whole film is meant to lampoon the Full Moon studio for which these movies are produced. This time there is more gore than from the first film and sex scenes! Yay! There's even one with scream queen Michelle Bauer except she doesn't show the goods in it though. This sequel, however, was a bit of an upgrade from the tremendously boring first movie. Sadly this sequel is just another waste of time. An upgrade, but a waste of time.

• Feb 10, 2014

I really liked this movie. So what? Sue me.

I really liked this movie. So what? Sue me.

• Jan 25, 2014

This sequel has extremely loose continuity and bad acting. Even with improved special and practical effects, the character development is feeble and its plot is hardly even there. For my full review of Gingerdead Man 2: The Passion of the Crust (2008), check it out on this IMDB link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1161646/reviews-18

• Dec 04, 2013

Not much a fan of comedic horror; I don't feel they belong together at all. I have not seen the original, so I have to admit the "origin" at the beginning had me laughing at the moronic concept. It appears the original was played straight. This is too goofy / stupid to have anything scary in it, and I stopped being impressed by buckets of blood long ago. The tiny terror puppets are ridiculous. Nothing to see here.

• Aug 24, 2013

You won't get to the Christ comparison until the final act of the film, but Gingerbread Man 2 manages to be a fun parody of B-Level horror studios like Full Moon. Lots of laughs and gore make it worthwhile for fans who are able to stomach the stupidity that is Full Moon films.

• Mar 10, 2013

No,No, No. This is the sequel that is in deed worse than the first. The acting is worse, the effects are still non existent, the puns are terrible if there is any. Also, the gingerdead man was not as memorable or as funny as the first, just a horrible sequel that should not have seen the light of day