The Band's Visit Reviews

• Aug 27, 2018

great movie, everybody should see it. A movie from another, better, world.

great movie, everybody should see it. A movie from another, better, world.

• Aug 26, 2018

It's the most boring musical I have ever seen in my entire life. Can't believe it won in the Tony's. It is so dragging. Wasted my $150 bucks on this one.

• Jun 05, 2018

Slow to a point that’s unwatchable even if the style is good.

Slow to a point that’s unwatchable even if the style is good.

• Mar 30, 2018

Can understand the Broadway musical being a hit.

Can understand the Broadway musical being a hit.

• Mar 28, 2018

Sad little movie that keeps you watching; Arabs and Jews and in some way what could be and what it is. I liked the characters, their character and personalities. Very good.

• May 14, 2017

A story defying expectations and a camera that is always at the right place make for a beautiful and clever bittersweet comedy.

• May 22, 2015

Tremendously entertaining, with a fine message.

Tremendously entertaining, with a fine message.

• Jun 24, 2014

Out of the context of Egypt and Israel's historical feud, this succinct awards-winning film (87 minutes) debut from Eran Kolirin may seem to be a prosaic essay about an unfulfilled romance with a few light touches on the quotidian lives in a rural Israeli town through the eyes of a band composed of members of the Egyptian Police Force from Alexandria, who are invited for a cultural event in Petah Tiqva. read rest of my review here: http://wp.me/p1eXom-1oN

• May 18, 2014

Sweet, funny and poignant. Worth seeing over and again.

Sweet, funny and poignant. Worth seeing over and again.

• May 03, 2014

Loved this. An Egyptian band gets lost in a small Israeli town. Full of pathos, but very funny too.