The Banker Reviews

• Denise
    Mar 24, 2020

I loved the movie. Love the actors that played the major characters.

I loved the movie. Love the actors that played the major characters.

• Tanya S
    Mar 17, 2020

great story especially since it was based on true events!!

great story especially since it was based on true events!!

• Matt S.
    Mar 17, 2020

Fantastic film! A timely piece told from a fresh perspective.

Fantastic film! A timely piece told from a fresh perspective.

• Mary
    Mar 16, 2020

Inspiring, smart and entertaining. I took my 2 kids to see this in the theater and it started a really interesting conversation afterwards with them. I wasn't sure what to expect after reading some of the reviews but was intrigued by the trailer and I love SLJ so I went anyway and am so glad I did. Don't listen to any of these out-of-touch white critics who don't get it-- this is powerful stuff and unlike anything I've ever seen before. Growing up I never saw a movie like this and wish I had.

• Jackie
    Mar 15, 2020

This was a fantastic movie! If you liked Hidden Figures, you will love The Banker. It's a movie we need right now, how one black man cleverly fought against the racist real estate and lending practices during the Civil Rights era. It's a fascinating, well written story with an incredible cast and is beautifully filmed.

• Lynn Lynch
    Mar 15, 2020

I loved this movie! Its a shame that Apple didnt give it a wider release. In a time where it feels like the world is going to h___, this a a great story about fighting an unjust system for the greater good. Some critics complained that the story was told in atimid, safe, bland way. While its important not to forget the injustices that have been (and still are) perpetrated against African Americans, we dont need to fetishize it either. The story was told in a way that you can take your whole family to see it which is a GOOD THING for people of every age. The performances are great. You just want these folks to win, and they dont have to suffer violence and beatings for you to want them to win. The story is an important piece of history that is still very relevant, with great actors giving great performances.

• Stephanie C
    Mar 15, 2020

I loved the movie, it's a must see. Great movie.

I loved the movie, it's a must see. Great movie.

• Mar 14, 2020

This is a beautifully made movie, that captures civil rights era America from a unique POV. Sam Jackson is amazing as always- a national treasure. Must see.

• Mark
    Mar 14, 2020

People lived through this sh-t and still found away. Bravo.

People lived through this sh-t and still found away. Bravo.

• Mar 14, 2020

Great film!! Anthony Mackie and Samuel L. are awesome in this! It's a very interesting story that's well written and directed. I appreciate how the sets & wardrobe nail down the 1950's/60's time period. Great cast too! It's based on a true story and very timely to today's challenges with racial & income inequality.