The Conjuring 2 Reviews

• Aug 03, 2020

This movie made the impossible, it surpassed the already amazing "The Conjuring". This is one of those few cases where the sequel is better than its first movie.

• Jul 22, 2020

Conjuring 2 is better than the first movie the acting is great the effects and atmosphere is incredible

• Jul 19, 2020

this movie will make you crap your pants, but other than that it is slow paced in a good way and terrifying

• Jul 15, 2020

It's still filled with horror clichés, but it improves on the story and expand on its world while using the best of its clichés, with terrific performances, a suspenseful atmosphere, and well-crafted scares.

• Jun 26, 2020

The Conjuring 2 loses the fantastic supernatural scares that the first film gave out to audiences, but it still has some fabulous and memorable scenes that can surely dig a place in your heart.

• Jun 22, 2020

Pretty good movie.. I'm just realizing that this show, Annabelle and The Nun are connected... And to my surprise this is a real story.. super creepy.. In addition I have enjoyed any movie a I see Vera Farmiga.. then I found out that her sister is the nun in the movie The Nun.. too cool.

• Jun 12, 2020

An effective, awesome, horror sequel that doesn't really rely on scares. Final Rating: A

• May 26, 2020

James Wan returns to the haunting cases of Lorraine and Ed Warren, this time moving the creepy goings-on across the pond to England where a family is experiencing strange activities that may be the work of ghosts not yet ready to move on. Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson return to their respective roles of Lorraine and Ed as they investigate what will become to be known as the Endfield Haunting. A young mother Peggy Hodgson (Frances O'Connor) believes her house might be haunted and her youngest daughter might be possessed. First they call in local detectives and police to try and figure out what is going on before news reaches the states and the Warrens pack their bags and travel to northern England to help the besieged family finally find peace. However, before venturing abroad we are treated to the Warrens as they investigate the Amityville haunting. Lorraine has a terrifying vision of a demonic nun and her husband Ed dying, causing her to want to give up paranormal investigations. The film is well-paced, though the 134-minute running time is a tad long for a horror film filled with jump-scares that get a little stale by the film's conclusion. We get all that we expect from a James Wan horror film with all the scares coming from the paranormal rather than random characters suddenly popping into frame with a loud music sting. You will find yourself gripping your seat as the horror ramps up and the final confrontation with the evil is played out. Of course, anyone who knows about the real-life Warrens may find the suspense lessened having that knowledge. Much like the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), The Conjuring has its own shared universe spinning off several films and this one sets up several more ghosties to have their own films. (The Nun demon from this film already has a spin-off film with a sequel in the works and the Crooked Man may get his own film as well.) Wan and Co. played fast and hard with the true-life incidents, but they make for fun, popcorn films full of scares and will make you want to read up on the true events that inspired the film. The Conjuring III is already in the works, though James Wan has handed directing duties off to Michael Chaves. Let's hope he can keep the pace up on the core films in the spooky, supernatural universe.

• May 15, 2020

Yeah, skipping Annabelle for now since, at least on my account, it isn't out on Netflix yet at the time I'm writing this. Off to the review: The Conjuring 2 improves on its predecessor with a more gripping story, ratcheting up the tension and scares, better performances, improved blend of scary moments and quiet moments and a genuinely menacing villain. To cut a long story short, this third entry in the franchise avoids reiterating the same information as its direct predecessor and creates an atmospheric, exhilarating horror-thriller that enhances its direct predecessor's merits just the way a sequel should.

• May 06, 2020

There isn't much that I have to say about this one since I have never seen the first Conjuring film, but I found this to be a confidently made and occasionally intriguing Horror film. The only other James Wan film I've seen was Aquaman and Wan's style of seemingly impossible overhead shots and quick pacing are present in both. This film was enjoyable in its way of working as a sort of Action-Horror film. Most everything we see in the story is along the predictable house haunting lines of Poltergeist or the Exorcist, but it the film has just enough cool visuals and giddy for-shadowing to keep things interesting the whole time. A handful of well thought out and well earned scares are there too. ————Overall: The Conjuring 2 is a decent horror movie that won't scare you out of your socks but should provide a few good shivers to those who are not horror enthusiasts. ————-Highlight: Patrick Wilson's character is the most charming and handsome paranormal investigator ever.