The Danish Girl Reviews

• Nov 17, 2020

Gerda's struggling to accept Lil and their relationship is perfectly perfomed

Gerda's struggling to accept Lil and their relationship is perfectly perfomed

• Sep 24, 2020

This is one of Eddie Redmayne's outstanding acting as The Danish Girl, after his Oscar-winning turn as Stephen Hawking. Observe the movie. Lili seemed like a very selfish person, while Gerda was extremely patient and selfless. I agree with this. Because on real life I have seen numerous people destroyed their families due to this disorder. Will u accept ur family member If he has this problem on real life. Answer yourself without second thought.....

• Sep 18, 2020

Definitely another gem! This movie is like a painting. The actors become their characters. I think Eddie Redmayne deserved the Oscar as well as her fabulous partner. This movie is a love story between two people that find to love and respect each other till the end.

• Aug 30, 2020

What did I think of The Danish Girl? Check out my full review below: https://open.spotify.com/episode/2P6zxjp2LURepmTp7ASBCB?si=nZtk2ipYTJOumY4Z5aOQ2g

• Aug 03, 2020

An informative and entertaining look into the early days of the LGBTQ community, combined with Hooper's direction, Coxon's script, the performances of the cast, Desplat's score, Cohen's cinematography, Oliver's editing, Stewart's production design, Standish's set decoration, Delgado's costume design, emotional weight and themes, The Danish Girl brilliantly explores the life of an LGBTQ individual in the mid 1920s!!!

• Jul 02, 2020

‪The Danish Girl is well-crafted but lacks real substance and doesn't feel as progressive as it aims to be. The performances captivate, but it is pure Oscar bait. Worth a view but we're glad it missed out on Best Pic.‬

• Jun 18, 2020

I'm sorry I just can not get over Redmayne's weird emotes and expressions. The movie was enjoyable though. Not something I'll rewatch but not bad.

• May 20, 2020

Eddie Redmayne gives a carreer-best performance, with great respect and all the problems that a person in sex gender transition suffers (even it is a bit of problematic that a cis man making this kind of role) and Alicia Vikander makes an incredible pair with him, turning this love story a reasonable, albeit incorrect with the real life, watch. Also, the costume design and the art direction, as of the make up, are top notch and marvelous.

• Feb 07, 2020

Emotional and brilliant acting from Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander

Emotional and brilliant acting from Eddie Redmayne and Alicia Vikander

• Jan 14, 2020

4.25 beautifully shot and eloquently acted, the danish girl peaks out of its sentimentality to showcase a groundbreaking true story of courage and support.