The Day Time Ended Reviews

• Dec 13, 2018

A more accurate tagline: "Their lives became a living hell....when they started watching this movie!"

• Aug 19, 2016

I remember watching this drivel on TV when it aired over here sometime around 1980. It was an insult to my backside then too...

• Mar 13, 2015

When I started this movie, I was expecting schlock. I ended up getting a legitimately engaging movie. The special effects aren't spectacular, but it seemed to me the filmmakers were doing the best they could with the budget they had. It might only be because I had such low expectations going in, but I would definitely recommend this movie to anyone looking for a fairly entertaining low budget sci fi movie. It doesn't spell everything out for you but by the end I had a fairly good idea of what happened, but if vagueness bothers you I wouldn't recommend this for you. Otherwise give it a shot. Also Rotten tomatoes says this came out in 2001 but everything else I've seen says it came out in 1980

• Dec 19, 2014

(15%) (Thanks RT for making this clearly not from 2001 movie so difficult to find, great job) A low budget Charles Band production that plays a bit like ET, only 100% worse. The script is awful, the acting wouldn't be out of place in a early afternoon soap opera, and the effects are as shoddily put together as a giveaway toy. But then again it isn't all bad. You can for instance make it until the end without wanting to die, and the movie's shortfalls can be mocked which is a lot more entertaining than the movie itself. The plot doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, and when a eight inch brown alien starts prancing around a little girls bedroom it becomes clear that this really, really, really isn't going to get much better any time soon. This ins't worth a look, but to claim it as the worst ever is a touch too harsh.

• Sep 03, 2013

If you want to seriously traumatize your kids, make them watch this movie. It was pretty screwed up. The claymation was actually rather impressive. A solid B-movie.

• Sep 03, 2013

Fantastic artwork with the most hopeless ending.

Fantastic artwork with the most hopeless ending.

• Sep 03, 2013

It sucked so bad, you can't help but love it. Flying vaccuum cleaners...space sperm...unidentifiable dinosaurs...great stuff.

• jay n Super Reviewer
    Sep 03, 2013

Nonsensical junk with some truly awful acting, weak special effects and no script to speak of. Davis made this just before Dallas rescued him from this sort of bottom of the barrel exercise. The film offers proof that an Oscar, in this case Dorothy Malone's, doesn't guarantee quality work in the future.

• Sep 03, 2013

Possibly one of the worst films ever made. The dialogue is either banal and saying nothing or desperately trying tp explain what's going on in a way the characters couldn't possibly know. The acting and special effects are both dreadful. Long stretches of nothing happening should not be confused with suspense.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Sep 03, 2013

An eruption of solar flares opens a wormhole in time and space allowing shambling Claymation creatures from beyond to terrorize a family that lives out in the desert. A B-film that aspires to more ... and misses by just that much.