The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies Reviews

• Sep 09, 2019

This movie was a big disappointment to me when watching it in theatres, as I had noticed the decline in quality with the Hobbit films and I had hoped that this one would redeem them. It didn't; It was actually the worst one, as most of the film was unnecessary CGI action. I do think that the scenes of this film that are necessary are done pretty well (aside from the ridiculous [and disappointing] way they took out Smaug, the main antagonist form the last two films.) Just like with the last two films, the problem is in the gratuitous stuff that easily should have been edited out. The only problem is that would leave with not much of a film this time around. The ending is nice tho.

• Sep 05, 2019

the weakest of the trilogy but a good movie all together

the weakest of the trilogy but a good movie all together

• Sep 03, 2019

Bit too overpadded and has a tad too much cgi for my liking, still a must watch if you like the others ones though. Just about gets a 7/10

• Sep 02, 2019

From the onset, this movie is a must watch. It's full of adventure, humor and of course chilling experiences

• Aug 13, 2019

One of the best trilogy I have ever seen, in sum it's a masterpiece, composed of a blending action and humor - and even a bit of romance - to create a well-paced tale that ends up being almost as satisfying. "The Hobbit" is visually stunning in all its three-parts, beside the Oscar-worthy performance by Freeman as a Bilbo (Freeman was born to be a hobbit), also I couldn't ignore the great performance of all cast, the amazing music by Howard Shore that reprised from the previous trilogy and the genius director Peter Jackson who gave us this masterpiece trilogy. The disadvantage of "The Hobbit" is the ending of part 1&2, where the film ends with ellipses rather than a period, we know the story will be continued, but with a little effort and some clever writing, Jackson could make each chapter feel like its own complete story. The result is probably the most dissatisfying element of the film. "The hobbit" is surely worth to watch, just let your senses enjoy, even If "The Hobbit" doesn't equal the achievement of Jackson's earlier Middle-earth movies.

• Aug 05, 2019

The best film of 2014 and of the hobbit series

The best film of 2014 and of the hobbit series

• Aug 03, 2019

Look, any Middle Earth move that doeshave shaky cam is great to me.

Look, any Middle Earth move that doeshave shaky cam is great to me.

• Jul 13, 2019

I do kinda feel that the Hobbit trilogy probably should have been just two movies because this one also has some pacing issues and the story doesn't flow like I think it should, but The Battle of the Five Armies is still an entertaining final chapter in the Hobbit trilogy with its well-done battle sequences, good character moments, and the last twenty minutes are actually quite bittersweet. If this is the final Middle Earth movie, than it is a fine farewell.

• Jul 04, 2019

Out of the franchise, this is probably what I would say is the weakest out of the entire series. It's not bad mind you, it just seems kind of a waste of opportunity. We do get to see the dragon be delivered in the opening. So that was always good. But the remainder of the time you would hope it would end. Sure it was fine with the armies involved as they took up the majority of the time. It was a battle royal within but we already know how it will end because of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. Several individuals died and I didn't care too much. They were a part of the story, but what matters if you liked them or not. It's sad to say, but, we didn't. There was a nice setup and delivery of all who wanted gold from the mountain and how greed tears itself apart with all classes of people. It also shows us how must lay aside our differences and fight. That I liked. But in all honesty, they should've made this in two parts. This final third wasn't worth it. In the book you can tell how much they appreciated Bilbo. In this one, it seems like, 'okay, see you later.' That was how I felt. It's good, but not very worthy. Still, it is enjoyable though.

• Jul 04, 2019

Reasonably enjoyable for a movie based off of three pages of the book. It seemed to dazzle itself more than it tried to dazzle the audience, delivering a few mediocre performances. It did a good job, though.