The Killing Kind Reviews

• Sep 03, 2012

Odd, but it made me pay attention, think and had my feelings all over the place. I liked it....had me hating the wrong people, liking the wrong people and crying for the wrong people ..... nice suspense.

• Lanning : Super Reviewer
    Aug 06, 2012

A disappointlngly albeit probably sincere attempt to present a complex character who is not. The psychological make-up of Andrew Howard's character is a mismash of ideas making me picture some writer who took a basic psychology course and earned a middling grade. <p>My guess is that we're supposed to sympathize with Howard, but there's no way this is possible, especially given his final two audience-cheating murders. When he dies, it's definitely good riddance. The only thing that would have been better would be if all his nasty, crazy associates had died along with him. <p>The one and a half stars here are for Geraldine O'Rawe, period. Nothing for her writer/director husband Paul Sarossy or any of the other actors in this smurfer.

• Bruce B Super Reviewer
    May 28, 2010

This Film is from the 2002 British Independent Film Awards. Its not quite the action packed film that previews make it out to be, About the life of a Hitman working for a Crime boss called tatoo man. Dry and boring at parts still worth 3 1/2 stars no more.

• Oct 04, 2007

Unevenly acted and scripted -- although it scores some good moments when the pieces come together with cool precision -- pic has something going for it but not enough.

• Sep 06, 2007

A very decent attempt at converting a thrilling and abstract book into a feature film. Andrew Howard underplays Bennet's confused persona well but the ancilliary characters really make it, the Tattooed Man is superb. I look forward to more films from Paul Sarossy and more film conversions based on Neil Cross books

• Sep 02, 2007

Great film... twisted and disturbing. True Brit indie-flick. Released in the UK as 'Mr In-Between'.

• Aug 28, 2007

Movie is different and it works perfectly. If you liked Layer Cake - this is propably going to work for you...

• Aug 17, 2007

Another addition to the ever ending canon of British gangster films, but at least this one tries to be different. This film flirts with fantasy and the supernatural as the crime lord seems to be the devil himself, and Jon a lost soul who walks the line between heaven and hell (the original title "Mr. In-Between" brings this theme more into focus). While it is ambitious, the film's storyline itself is rather conventional and moves at a sluggish pace. In addition, it is cold and emotionally distant, making it difficult for the viewer to become emotionally involved with the characters. It is well shot and performances are solid, but it seems aimless and ultimately out of focus... kudos for effort, though.

• Jul 25, 2007

Known as Mr. In-Between in the UK this is an above average but slightly odd British Gangster Flik.

• Jun 26, 2007

This has the perfect mix of drug use, schizophrenia, OCD, murder, and the feeling of being caught between parallel worlds that do not necessarily address good and evil and much as difference in morality.