The Place Beyond The Pines - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Place Beyond The Pines Reviews

April 26, 2017
The condition of a people cannot be change until they change what is in themselves. I believe that.

The Place Beyond The Pines tells the story of stunt rider turns bank robber, trying to provide for his lover and newborn son. This action leads to a devastating consequences in the years to come.

A lot of horrible and terrifying moments happened that will keep us as the audience at the edge of our seat. Yet, we could still see the beauty behind every tragedy and a sense of hope.
This is a great film and very underrated.
April 14, 2017
While the final act may not be as interesting as the first two, the film still manages to give suspenseful crime scenes, a great cast, and a real portrayal of the sins of our fathers.
March 18, 2017
This movie is great. This is one every one should check out because it has something for everybody. The cast is phenomenal. Probably Ryan Gosling's and Bradley Cooper's best performances. The movie is beautiful and shot masterfully. My only criticism is that it is a little too long.
March 16, 2017
I am just waiting for 2020 so I can call this movie the best of the decade.
March 12, 2017
This movie is swept away by Gosling's performance!
½ March 12, 2017
A movie about legacy, the sins of the fathers, the restless in our souls. It's powerful, it's bold, it hits you hard. A perfect contrast between motivations and consequences. It's the interesting characters and their thought-provoking choices that makes this movie so compelling and so intense. This film could become one of the best movies of the year ...
½ February 27, 2017
An overall impressive performance. A well written story-line that keeps the viewer captivated as he follows an unexpected journey. The movie is deeply human in the sense that it covers the themes of life, death and forgiveness. Of course this is portrayed accurately by great actors who all play profound and complex characters that we are able to relate to. We are left satisfied and reflecting on our own lives.Thank you to all the team that made this beautiful picture.
February 26, 2017
Art house piece of junk.
½ February 22, 2017
Two movies in one - with a third act all-too convenient to believe. A good-looking film with top-notch performances that is ultimately undermined by the writing.
½ February 1, 2017
Not a good movie to watch
½ January 28, 2017
Has a real epic feel. Very good storytelling
½ January 27, 2017
After the success of Blue Valentine. Cianfrance goes on to The Place Beyond the Pines. This film goes from intriguing, to impactful, to completely original. Try to find out as little as possible before you see this film because it is totally unpredictable and it will be much more enjoyable that way. Ryan Gosling is on fire in this film, you can't take your eyes off his gritty character. Bradley Cooper is also fantastic, possibly his best ever performance. The character motives were clear, the cinematography was beautiful and the score helped to build up the movie in an effective way. I could talk about this movie for much longer but I'd need to go into details and I do not want to ruin that for you. There is one small problem I have with the film but I won't say because, well you know.
½ January 24, 2017
It's good but it could have been writing better and just all around could have been so much better but still it's a good movie totally worth watching!
½ January 18, 2017
Emotionally gripping and uncomfortable. Technically impecable. Great.
½ January 4, 2017
Incredible. You can feel the progression of time and generations
½ December 30, 2016
The Shakespearean inspiration is strong with this film, but the lack of character development or investment in plot gave the audience a shallow feeling about the allegoric nature of the film. The disruptive plot-line, which was cut into two separate parts near the middle, did not help either, as such disruption also broke any bond that the audience was able to form with the protagonists, whereas the "karmic" connection between the characters of the first and the second parts seems to be conveniently coincidental rather than causal, as it should be. Given the film's extremely interesting premise, such lacklustre film-making really was a missed chance. After finishing this film, I just realised how "The Light Between Oceans" (Cianfrance's next film after this one) could be underwhelmed despite its intense trailer. We shall see.
½ December 28, 2016
Could be an amazing movie but the fact that the protagonist has to die soon to tell you the story about the son? that was not what I was expecting... might be my bad but hey, who's writing this?
½ December 26, 2016
Great acting alongside a emotional storyline done well is a must see
December 25, 2016
Spoiler Alert... when RG's character dies... So does the movie.

Three different story's with one common through line... going from good, to bad, to Just plain stupid.
December 24, 2016
Spending 2 and half hours watching this movie, and what did I take? This: having a successful father is not better than having a stepfather, in both cases you're gonna fail!
OK, but it really didn't need 2.5 hours to tell that. Lots, of wasted time and scenes. :(