Three Kings - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Three Kings Reviews

May 23, 2018
Three Kings doesn't know what kind of movie it wants to be. Is it a comedy? An action flick? Or some profound statement about war? I think it fails on penetrating any sort of depth in any of these genres; however, the story and acting make it entertaining.
April 24, 2018
are we shooting..

Three Kings

The sense of urgency is kept alive throughout the course of the feature with a hint of amusing sense present in each characters that resonates the most with practicality no matter how much peculiar and unpredictable it may go later. David O. Russell is as usual brilliant on his work and aces on handling such big stars on a screen in the most subtle possible way addition to the powerful script he co-wrote with John Ridley. Mark Wahlberg, George Clooney and Ice Cube (surprisingly he is good too) all of them are doing a great job supporting each other in this almost 2 hour journey and gives enough room to each other too. Three Kings had a great new and fresh concept that is well taken care of on script with keen sense of humor where the rest of it is left upon the performance objective which is satisfied utterly by the actors.
½ April 18, 2018
I didn't remember if I watched it before, so I watched it. Turns out I did watch it before. The fun parts are not that fun anymore, but the controversies and conundrums of wars, in general, and the Gulf war in particular, seems never to get old, unfortunately. Good movie. Even better if you didn't watch it before.
March 24, 2018
A war movie with an intelligent tale to tell. David O Russell blends action and CHARACTERS against the backdrop of the desert with great skill, producing an emotionally SATISFYING film.
½ February 24, 2018
1001 movies to see before you die.
February 22, 2018
A very thought provoking film that starts off very mediocre but gains much momentum by the conclusion.
½ January 27, 2018
Three Kings is an incredible story of soldiers who were at first looking for gold to get rich who ended up saving innocent people from death. George Clooney, Mark Whalberg and Ice Cube all give great performances and David O Russel does a great job of directing and writing a good script. The film's message is that it's better to help others than it is to help yourself.
January 14, 2018
I am not a huge fan of war films but this one is different to the other war films I have seen, I love this movie
½ November 6, 2017
It is definitely a masterpiece by such legendary actor. It is true story based movie. If you love war, crime watch it without any argument.
October 29, 2017
So much energy fills the screen with action and emotions.
jamrcla
July 22, 2017
What this film does well was it's blending of a great plot with some good action and humour to top it off, The film is helped by how unexpected some scenes are and how smoothly it goes along, I was hoping for a few more action scenes but the story got more serious as it went on and it ended brilliantly, Not your typical war movie but it's certainly one of the best.
April 27, 2017
Hilarious and tense... a winning combo.
March 20, 2017
Probably the best war film of recent years
February 16, 2017
Shallow, boring and a waste of time. The typical 'America turns everything into a TV show' type movie. Couldn't bear myself through the entire movie really. Coming down under 'comedy', 'adventure', and a 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, I thought it would have been an interesting movie to watch, I couldn't have been more away from the truth. After reading the review from Rotten Tomatoes top critics, I am starting to wonder if I we watched different movies.
February 5, 2017
Three Kings is a brilliant mix of a war film, drama, comedy and action film, all based on real events and masterfully directed by David O. Russell.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ November 14, 2016
Definitely got me thinking about middle eastern politics and USA foreign intervention.
½ October 11, 2016
Three Kings begins as a cynical, even disrespectful, Gulf War parody. By the end it evolves into a movie that's equal parts dark comedy and philosophical examination of both war and inaction. It asks hard questions, but is wise enough to realize that complex problems don't have simple answers.
August 29, 2016
Kelly's Heroes is my favortie war film. This film follows in that tradition.. then goes its own original route. At the time, it was in a very exclusive club of "Gulf War" films. Literally, there was this, Courage under Fire, Hot Shot movies and a handful of TV movies.