Topper Returns Reviews

• Jan 02, 2019

Third topper movie starring Roland Young as banker Cosmo Topper, aiding and helping ghost Gail Richards (Joan Blondell) solving her own murder.

• Mar 04, 2017

A cute and entertaining comedy.

A cute and entertaining comedy.

• Jun 16, 2015

As far as sequels go, this is the anomaly... I actually enjoyed it more than the original Topper. Eddie "Rochester" Anderson adds that extra touch of comedic fun. This is one ghost film the entire family will enjoy!

• Sep 08, 2012

liked it first time I saw it way back in the early 60's

liked it first time I saw it way back in the early 60's

• Sep 07, 2012

Great cast and special effects, but it's got it backwards. The mystery is easy and the laughs are, towards the end, elusive.

• May 23, 2012

part 3 runs out of gas real fast without grant & bennett from the first 2

part 3 runs out of gas real fast without grant & bennett from the first 2

• Feb 10, 2012

What craziness!! I saw this years ago, when I was a kid. I enjoyed it then, as a comedy murder mystery. Now I see it more full of holes than Swiss cheese. Yeah, it's a slapstick comedy not existing for plot sense. So...

• Jan 02, 2012

Can't sleep - so I put in this movie, which is just zany good fun! Roland Young is fun as ever as Cosmo Topper, and Joan Blondell and Carole Landis are fine comic supports - as are Billie Burke (Mrs. Topper), Patsy Kelly and the always amusing Eddie "Rochester" Anderson. A totally enjoyable comedy romp!

• Nov 23, 2011

I'm in love with this whole idea that there is magic in our world.

I'm in love with this whole idea that there is magic in our world.

• Kevin M. W Super Reviewer
    Aug 19, 2011

There's no Cary Grant in this the third installment of the popular horror/comedy series, but Roland Young returns as the ever put upon and flustered Topper again though, this time trying to Charlie Chan solve a murder. Along for the ride is Billie Burke as his shrill and nonsensical Gracie Allen-ish wife and Eddie " Rochester" Anderson (on "loan" from Jack Benny) as his easily rattled chauffeur ( who only has to "bugeye" his way through the whole picture). Joan Blondell is the real star. Now is there a haunted house anywhere? Goofy fun.