Reviews

• Sep 03, 2021

This might be one of the greatest wastes of potential in modern comedic film making. With Ben Stiller on a hot streak and Eddie Murphy you would expect side splitting humor. I would have settled for a few laughs. Cringeworthy is the best way to describe this one. The script is stupid. The Directing is bad. The acting is horrible. The comedy nonexistent.

• Aug 29, 2021

I picked this up at random out of the library. I never expected it to more than fluff, but even fluff has to be decent. All I saw was Kovaks the tower manager talk to a bunch of different employees, as well as his boss. I guess this was supposed to be a comedy, but every single joke misfired and we were bored silly. After a half hour I gave up. Yes, it's another "put a bunch of major stars in a movie and it is still terrible" movie. The jokes should have been funny, but they weren't even mildly amusing. Everything looked good visually, yet everything still fell flat and I didn't bother going on once the scene where the big boss is arrested took place. More insipid than corned beef and cabbage on St. Patrick's Day.

• May 30, 2021

It's fun. I think some people are expecting it to be more serious than it's supposed to be or something but I think it's a bit underappreciated. As usual, Eddie Murphy steals every scene he is in. The movie was pretty mediocre until his character got involved and took the whole movie up a level. That guy has to be one of the funniest actors in film history.

• Apr 29, 2021

same old same old, but watchable.

same old same old, but watchable.

• Apr 13, 2021

So I started this movie, and about fifteen minutes in, I was like. Hold on, I've seen this before... And then I sat back and enjoyed it. This movie is hilarious, has some great twists and turns, and is overall just really enjoyable.

• Apr 10, 2021

Tower Heist is a good comedic heist film with great cast including a welcoming Eddie Murphy's career.

• Jan 12, 2021

Surprisingly good fun if not a bit mediocre. For a heist film, it is surprisingly not boring. Stiller is not great, just being Stiller and neither are Broderick or Leoni. The standout is Alda with a terrifically villainous performance. It's a thousand times better than Ocean's 11 but that isn't saying much. It's a fine Friday watch but nothing more. Rating- 6.5/10

• Jan 05, 2021

Tower Heist hits every checkpoint a by the books caper movie entails with relative charm, albeit with a spastic tonal range that clashes at times. Stiller does a decent job at leading an easy to like group with the stellar injection of Eddie Murphy through a surprisingly tight knit and overlooked heist movie less sophisticated than it's counterparts, but typically a lot more fun.

• Nov 03, 2020