Tower Heist Reviews

• Oct 01, 2019

Solid film. Good plot, good cast. Fulfilling ending.

Solid film. Good plot, good cast. Fulfilling ending.

• Sep 22, 2019

Rating: 44/100, 44% Grade: D- Not much to see here. “Tower Heist” is another generic let down of a comedy move.

• Aug 21, 2019

Despite the star power (particularly Alda and Murphy) the movie is misleading and disappointing.

• Jul 31, 2019

disgruntled of their work decide to steal and who has robbed him, this is how it opens a not too good comedy that however redeems itself with the parts of suspence and more or less with even those of action

• Jul 20, 2019

The movie felt flat and very dull. The build up had no pay off. The 3rd act had some moments and then it gets very dumb. Just cause you have Casey Affleck from the Oceans series doesn't mean you do Oceans 11-13 stuff.

• Jun 26, 2019

An awesome movie with ben stiller, eddy murphy, alan alda and casey afleck at its best. A perfect entertainer with a mix of adventure and thrill and comedy. A beautiful piece!!!

• Mar 02, 2019

Watched this again tonight on Universal. Nicely done and funny as well as touching.

• Jan 22, 2019

Big actors, bad film. This film at best is ok. The five minutes were so good but the rest is terrible. The very small amount of CGI was even worse. A rope that strangely had to be CGI'd was, and the end result looked like a slimy snake. And the green screen was atrocious. You could tell it was green screen because nothing moved on the image. No clouds, people, cars. And the most used word in this was "Bitch". Funny at first but got worn out the 400th time said. The characters had no backstory. I know that this is just a small comedy but it felt so rushed. Every joke and every bit of character development was zapped through. To make a movie interesting, you need as much character development as possible. The movie was a team type of entertainment and it was primarily based around Ben Stiller who portrayed a man called Josh Kovacs. I believe for a comedy, he is an incredible actor but in anything else he's useless. And it's a shame that he keeps getting roles in trash movies. The rest of the team consists of characters: Slide, Chase, Charlie, Odessa, and Enrique. Eddie Murphy - just like Ben Stiller - is good and just keeps being put in bad movies. In this movie, Chase was played by Matthew Broderick. He is a poor actor but gets placed in big movies - but in this movie, he is actually great which is an unusual turn of events. Casey Affleck didn't have a big role playing Charlie, and should not be in comedies in my opinion. He is only a good actor in action, romantic, and sci-fi films. The funny thing about Michael Peï¿ 1/2 1/2a is that he played in this film a tech-smart thief and in Ant-Man his most well-known movie he played a tech-smart thief. He presented Enrique and was very humorous. And Odessa was quite irrelevant but Gabourey Sidibe nailed an accent if she wasn't Jamaican already. This film is ok for a kids mind. I didn't really understand the plot very well. So I doubt kids will understand it. At points, it was funny, at most points it wasn't. Again, it ok at bare maximum.

• Jan 18, 2019

I love this movie, I really think it's underrated. I know that the plot is a little out there, but the cast is terrific and it was filmed beautifully. I really can't say enough about the ensemble of actors in this film and every single one of them does a fantastic job. I would say the best cast choice in this one though would be Casey Affleck, I feel like he doesn't get enough credit and he really sells his performance. I know that this movie was just a cheesy heist movie and that we've seen a lot like them over and over again, but this one is just a fun ride right from the start. I also really wish they would have used Eddie Murphy more, I feel like he takes a backseat in this film.

• Aug 19, 2018

Not that funny, just entertaining. Nothing new here.

Not that funny, just entertaining. Nothing new here.