Trash Fire Reviews

• Jun 21, 2019

It's dark, and funny, but dark. This is a great film but not for wimps or people who like rom-coms. Highly recommended if you loved the War of the Roses.

• Sep 12, 2018

If you love black comedy, twisted relationships and lesser-known movies I highly recommend this. Actors are excellent and believable. I'd have liked to have seen more from Pearl (Annalynne McCord) though. She's a tragic character reminiscent of Carrie White. Worth a view on Netflix.

• Sep 01, 2018

Count me in the group that didnt find this scary whatsoever. It has its dark comedic elements but they arent nearly enough to carry the film.

• Nov 09, 2017

One half black comedy, one half depressing family oriented horror that spirals into a bleak climax

• Apr 20, 2017

WTF You'll hate every character in the film. And I mean HATE all of them. They each have little to nothing to like about them. They are all deplorable in one way or another. However, there's something about it, you'll want to continue watching to find out about. The movie runs around 1hr 30min. The opening act shouldn't have taken 30 min to get through(more like 15). And with those extra 15min, you couldv'e flushed out enough other aspects to the story, to have made it pretty great. It missed... very much so. However, it has a cult quality, that I have to say, I liked it.

• Mar 05, 2017

Unexpectedly messed up. Very enjoyable.

Unexpectedly messed up. Very enjoyable.

• Feb 26, 2017

Started off great---then it tumbled. Unsatisfactory ending.

Started off great---then it tumbled. Unsatisfactory ending.

• Feb 12, 2017

Trash Fire (2016) Written and directed by Richard Bates Jr. One of these things that I am will to watch almost at random on Netflix. This one is a rather interesting sort of hodgepodge family horror movie. There is a guy who is basically a creep. He has this girlfriend, but she is tired of his shit. Anyway, she gets pregnant and so he decides to do the right thing and all that. But she tells him that he has to get right with his estranged family which is only his grandmother and his sister. His parents are dead because he burnt down the house when he was a kid, killing his parents and forever damaging the sister who had burns over 80% of her body. So they go visit these people but none of it goes as expected except for us who know we are watching a sort of horror movie. It's all interesting enough and well enough performed and written and directed to be worthwhile for people who like this sort of thing. Not a lot of gore, like body parts and stuff like that, but there is some blood that flies around.

• Feb 09, 2017

I like it. But then again, I made it.

I like it. But then again, I made it.

• Feb 07, 2017

An ultra mean-spirited, dark comedy/horror film.

An ultra mean-spirited, dark comedy/horror film.