Treehouse Reviews

• Sep 03, 2019

Dreadful nonsensical rubbish, a few nice shots and almost passable acting. But that's it, not a horror film at all, bad story as well.

• Jun 16, 2018

Had much potential but yet seemed to lacked much needed horror along with suspense, and could have been a very successful twisted, suspenseful horror film if delivered right. Plus the ending made me want to slap the shit out of the director.

• Apr 17, 2017

Listen, it's certainly not as bad as most people here say it is. The cinematography was great for a B-rate horror movie. And in terms of both plot and acting, I've seen way worse. Its ending was cheesy, some scenes definitely felt like they needed more, and certain things that felt like they needed to be explored weren't. However, I do feel that the characters reacted well in certain situations, they weren't as dumb as many horror characters are. Overall, I'd say that if this sounds interesting enough, and if you're bored, give it a try. It's not that long, and you might get at least something out of it.

• Apr 25, 2016

This movie isn't worth the time you took to read this sentence.

This movie isn't worth the time you took to read this sentence.

• Jan 10, 2016

One of the worst films I've seen in a long time... The feeling of being wasting my time was constant for the whole film. Don't watch it.

• Dec 14, 2015

Though wonderfully atmospheric thanks to its score and cinematography, Treehouse doesn't quite have a strong enough script while comprised of typical slasher teen stupidity and vague explanations that are never explored.

• Nov 26, 2015

Treehouse: This low budget horror flick, about a seemingly mysterious evil force that terrorizes and abducts children and teens in the Ozarks, starts off frighteningly enough. But as story details come to light and the scariness devolves into stupidness, it becomes clear this is worthy of its straight-to-video release. D+

• Oct 29, 2015

If you don't get bored to tears and possibly fall asleep you're trying to hard with this movie.

• Sep 28, 2015

The thing about people who rate here is that if one person says they don't like it, the rest feel compelled to say they don't like it. Which is why if a movie has a low rating here, the more likely I am to watch it. Regardless of what others may think, I like it. It's a interesting story, you can tell the kids are in danger, lots of people have been killed by the psychos, especially children. We find out exactly how sick the bad guys are, the actress especially has a very good performance. And even the ending makes sense, even if some people think it doesn't. First of all, it's a forest and now a days lots of people carry those kinds of weapons in their trunks including people who are in law enforcement. If I were in their place and it was real life, I would be doing exactly what they are doing in the end. Does it have faults, sure, but lets get real, for a horror movie it's not bad at all. I've seen a lot worse movies. Please to you "expert" movie reviewers, stop pretending you are "experts" and just give movies fair ratings. Not all movies should be "works of art" that only appeal to Rotten Tomato reviewers.

• Aug 10, 2015

It's like the "Wrong Turn" movies with some atmosphere and sentimentality. I was able to watch it all the way through so i guess it wasn't terrible. Almost turned it off the first time she called the kid "Baby Bear". Atrocious to at best mediocre acting and choppy dialogue. .