TT3D Closer To The Edge - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

TT3D Closer To The Edge Reviews

May 10, 2016
baduya hai.. motarcycle bhi mast ha!!
March 17, 2016
An insightful look at the TT races, highlighting the passion, risk and sheer determination of the racers, as well as the emotional strength of their loved ones. The tournament is presented as a joyful, life-affirming experience, not despite death being around each dangerous, life-threatening corner but even more so because of it. It's an overall interesting doc, not aimed exclusively at bike enthusiasts and with a bunch of fascinating moments being the icing on the cake.
½ October 10, 2015
Some incredible footage, but too much time spent on Guy and not the races themselves...I'd watch it again though.
½ October 3, 2015
I don't believe this documentary did this race justice. It lacked the exhilaration and intensity of what it's like watching this race, it didn't delve enough into the history, especially of the motorbikes being used, and lacked showing of the deeper background of many of the racers. It had it's moments, showing some of the emotional feelings of the racers and their families after many die in this dangerous race but overall I was disappointed and thought this doc was put together kind of messily.
½ October 1, 2015
Reminded Me Of The Way You're Driven In Any Sport To Go Harder, Faster, More Intensely Then The Next Guy. In Surfing, The Sport That Drives Me, You Often Say 'It Won't Happen To Me'..'I Won't Be THAT Guy' That Cops It, But The Risk Is Always There, & Thats What Seperates You From The Rest Of The World In Pursuit For The Ultimaye Adrenalin Rush, As You Push Yourself To The Top Of Your Game. Big Respect To These Guys. True Modern Day Gladiators.
½ July 15, 2015
Learning more about the extreme sport and why people still do it after so many fatalities.
June 6, 2015
Some slightly unhinged guys riding bikes on dangerous roads round the Isle of Man. It was always going to work and going to the TT has now made it onto my bucket list.
½ August 23, 2014
These riders are utterly fearless and they need to be to take on the epic course. Great documentary, really giving you a feeling of the ups and downs of TT racing, highly recommended.
May 23, 2014
incredible just so honest, the movie shows why we love Guy. The filming is brilliant and captures exactly what a bike doing 200mph looks like, nothing comes close to the TT and you see why.

Brilliant
April 7, 2014
Agree with Theta Sigma the 3D parts of this film were probably the best I've seen. The 3D segments were filmed to exploit the 3D with brilliant static and slow pan shots that Hollywood still cannot do as they are still hard wired to quick change 2D editing. One day there will be a film that is made just for 3D. As regards the film, loved it. It has enlightened me to real sportsman/ladies that risk it all for just the glory of winning and that the pampered marketing tools that masquerade as TV sports stars are just fakers . Great film, great 3D, my hats is off and I am bowing
½ November 29, 2013
Wow!
Tense, exciting, scary and just mental. Fantastic even if you have no interest in bikes or racing.
½ November 18, 2013
I am no biker, but this is an outstanding film. Charting the week of TT races around the Isle of Man, it features brilliant coverage of many of the main 'stars' of the event. Who are all a million miles away from the prima donnas in many other sports, yet they put their lives on the line for the racing they love.

Guy Martin is the most telegenic of them, as many would probably rather just work on their bikes and go to the pub than talk on camera. He looks like Wolverine's younger cousin and talks like a Northern version of a Mike Leigh character, yet does things on a bike 99.99% of us wouldn't dare dream of.

The racing footage is astonishing and genuinely heartstopping. Interviews with race marshals, families and fans are compelling. Can't recommend this highly enough.
½ November 8, 2013
More for petrolheads, nor did I watch this in 3D so I didn't get the full effect, however despite a nice style there's little drama had out of the primary subjects of this documentary;
November 2, 2013
I saw this last late night. It was both liberating and sad. Liberating in the sense that, in a world that's gone health & safety mad these riders have a choice to enter this race. Sad due to the amount of lives lost. Centred around the eccentric but loveable Guy Martins bid to win his first TT, the film really shows both sides.
November 1, 2013
Cannot give it any less than 5 star! "When a man eats his own head, I will hold me hands up and say: 'THAT is unbelievable'."
½ November 1, 2013
Fantastic documentary - how do they ride motorbikes with balls that large ??
October 29, 2013
bloody excellent! everyone should see it.
July 10, 2013
It's rare that a motorsport related documentary captures the essence of the sport from a competitor's perspective whilst staying accessible and entertaining for a wider audience. 'Nuf said - an absolute 'must see'. Go watch it!
July 10, 2013
It's rare that a motorsport related film captures the essence of the sport from a competitor's perspective whilst staying accessible and entertaining for a wider audience. 'Nuf said - an absolute 'must see' movie. Go watch it!
June 19, 2013
Well shot, well thought out and an excellent portrayal of one of the most extreme motorsport events in the world. Regardless of if you are a bike fan or not this film is a great watch and incredibly moving at times, tackling the harsher side of this amazing event with an honest and balanced view that was refreshing.