TT3D Closer To The Edge Reviews

• Jul 14, 2017

Even if you have zero interest in motorbikes this is a thrilling documentary. Very well edited and with some excellent 3D photography, it follows bonkers motor mechanic Guy Martin in his dream to win the 2010 Isle of Man TT race, notorious for the number of fatalities each year. If you enjoyed Senna you'll love this.

• Mar 17, 2016

An insightful look at the TT races, highlighting the passion, risk and sheer determination of the racers, as well as the emotional strength of their loved ones. The tournament is presented as a joyful, life-affirming experience, not despite death being around each dangerous, life-threatening corner but even more so because of it. It's an overall interesting doc, not aimed exclusively at bike enthusiasts and with a bunch of fascinating moments being the icing on the cake.

• Oct 10, 2015

Some incredible footage, but too much time spent on Guy and not the races themselves...I'd watch it again though.

• Oct 03, 2015

I don't believe this documentary did this race justice. It lacked the exhilaration and intensity of what it's like watching this race, it didn't delve enough into the history, especially of the motorbikes being used, and lacked showing of the deeper background of many of the racers. It had it's moments, showing some of the emotional feelings of the racers and their families after many die in this dangerous race but overall I was disappointed and thought this doc was put together kind of messily.

• Oct 01, 2015

Reminded Me Of The Way You're Driven In Any Sport To Go Harder, Faster, More Intensely Then The Next Guy. In Surfing, The Sport That Drives Me, You Often Say 'It Won't Happen To Me'..'I Won't Be THAT Guy' That Cops It, But The Risk Is Always There, & Thats What Seperates You From The Rest Of The World In Pursuit For The Ultimaye Adrenalin Rush, As You Push Yourself To The Top Of Your Game. Big Respect To These Guys. True Modern Day Gladiators.

• Jul 15, 2015

Learning more about the extreme sport and why people still do it after so many fatalities.

• Jun 06, 2015

Some slightly unhinged guys riding bikes on dangerous roads round the Isle of Man. It was always going to work and going to the TT has now made it onto my bucket list.

• Aug 23, 2014

These riders are utterly fearless and they need to be to take on the epic course. Great documentary, really giving you a feeling of the ups and downs of TT racing, highly recommended.

• May 23, 2014

incredible just so honest, the movie shows why we love Guy. The filming is brilliant and captures exactly what a bike doing 200mph looks like, nothing comes close to the TT and you see why. Brilliant

• Apr 07, 2014

Agree with Theta Sigma the 3D parts of this film were probably the best I've seen. The 3D segments were filmed to exploit the 3D with brilliant static and slow pan shots that Hollywood still cannot do as they are still hard wired to quick change 2D editing. One day there will be a film that is made just for 3D. As regards the film, loved it. It has enlightened me to real sportsman/ladies that risk it all for just the glory of winning and that the pampered marketing tools that masquerade as TV sports stars are just fakers . Great film, great 3D, my hats is off and I am bowing