Two Mules for Sister Sara - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Two Mules for Sister Sara Reviews

½ November 3, 2016
This was refreshingly good. There's plenty that's cliche about the characters, but both the acting and the directing really manage to pull it through. Shirley MacLaine really pushes what she's given to the limits and manages to create a real 3D person. Then the scenes where they're just doing things in real time, such as burying the bodies, pulling the arrow out or planting the bomb, are really held up by dynamic character interaction and become the more fascinating than the plot. (Though I will say the plot was refreshingly enjoyable as well.) All in all, exceeded my expectations for both Don Siegel and Eastwood.
½ August 11, 2016
Fun with Shirley & Clint , think this gonna stay in my memory for a while ...and that's a good thing ! Chapeau . SOMDVD
½ August 9, 2016
A mildly entertaining Western with funny moments, but the movie's problem lies in a frustrating, illogical revelation that takes place during the third act, something that doesn't make much sense and unfortunately ruins the entire coherence of the story.
½ July 3, 2016
An enjoyable, but subtle, departure from the typical Eastwood western with an actor that can hold her own against him and a full-on military assault at the climax.
½ January 1, 2016
Pretty fantastic western/comedy. Maclain and Eastwoods chemistry is strong, and they have some great interactions. There's some genuinely funny bits too.
August 17, 2014
I own this on DVD in a six movie pack along with:
* Coogan's Bluff (1968)
* Play Misty For Me (1971)
* Joe Kidd (1972)
* High Plains Drifter (1973)
* Eiger Sanction (1975)
½ July 20, 2014
It had it's moments of the trademark grittiness of Eastwood Westerns, but unlike most it had some lighthearted humor, and it worked really well with Clint Eastwood, surprisingly.
July 16, 2014
Barely remember this one either, but I remember liking it.
May 16, 2014
Great classic Eastwood movie!
April 29, 2014
ha...not bad...i saw the whole nun thing coming...it was enjoyable.
April 23, 2014
An excellent Western, featuring Clint Eastwood as the best cowboy ever. Shirley Maclaine has the greatest role of any, and the whole movie is just fantastic. Rather fast-paced.
April 22, 2014
Solid Eastwood film, was even able to overlook my usual dislike of Shirley MacLaine.
½ April 21, 2014
Despite its naivety, it is a good film with Shirley MacLaine offering an amusing performance.
½ April 6, 2014
Two Mules For Sister Sara is a generic western that is tamer than some of its more violent cousins like "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly", but it's still highly entertaining, doesn't lag, and has some top-notch firefight scenes.
January 29, 2014
Y'know those great Westerns that Clint Eastwood has been in? Yeah, this isn't one of them.
½ January 23, 2014
Exciting and with a mix of Morricone's score and Eastwood's performance, Two Mules For Sister Sara becomes even more exciting.
November 26, 2013
Not the best clint eastwood western but still pretty good.
September 14, 2013
A good film to relax.
½ September 7, 2013
Not a fan of westerns, this film has a few laughs though but overall was not something I loved