The Unbearable Lightness of Being Reviews

• Apr 21, 2019

loyal to the original book (although the book has more philosophical content). prague is absolutely beautiful, and daniel day-lewis is soooo attractive

• Oct 24, 2018

The Unbearable unLightness of watching such tedious film and only to see that women can't help loving men-doctors even in prague - that is really something...

• Apr 15, 2018

One of the best acted, directed and intelligent adaptions of a challenging book translated to film.

• Apr 09, 2018

Overrated. Worst Daniel Day Lewis movie

Overrated. Worst Daniel Day Lewis movie

• Jan 18, 2018

It is really rare for me to find a film that is better than its printed counterpart, and to be honest I did not like Milan Kundera's book that much in the first place. I wanted to watch this solely because I love to watch Daniel Day-Lewis doing it's job: he never does it wrong. So my 2 stars and a half are for him and for the director, but if you want to enjoy the story, or you don't know which version to pick, my little push is towards the book!

• Nov 29, 2017

I've always loved this film and was shocked to read that DDL considered it a mistake and always regretted being part of it.

• May 16, 2017

For a movie that is nearly 3 hours long, I still have a hard time figuring out what the point of it was. The characters aren't very likable, the story drags on and jumps all over the place, and the ending feels like a sucker punch. Critics seem to love this movie, but I think it is just a bunch of libtards that are upvoting it for having lots of nudity. Maybe I just don't get it, which is fine. All I know is that I will never watch this again.

• Jan 08, 2017

What an abomination. Manages to turn a searingly beautiful book into a mawkish am-dram schlockfest.

• Oct 30, 2016

Great rendition of the book but waaayyy too long!

Great rendition of the book but waaayyy too long!

• Sep 19, 2016

A portrait of sexuality versus love, the bold themes and terrific performances from a young Daniel Day-Lewis and Juliette Binoche help this passionate romance set against a dramatically changing continent last its elongated 3-hour running time.