Under Fire Reviews

• Jul 14, 2020

I don't think the script did it justice but the acting did.

I don't think the script did it justice but the acting did.

• Dec 02, 2016

A look at war-ravaged Nicaragua during the Somozoa regime and the revolution that brought it down, through the eyes and camera lenses of some very brave journalists.

• Jun 15, 2015

Necessary movie about the Nicaraguan war, that needs some time to get going.

Necessary movie about the Nicaraguan war, that needs some time to get going.

• Feb 05, 2014

Should have been better.

Should have been better.

• Feb 01, 2014

I found this movie sanctimonious 30 years ago and I find it so now. I still like it simply because I like the subject, the period, and the cast; but for all its alleged moral conundrums and shades of gray, at its heart it is really a self-congratulatory liberal happy-movie. In it a character who supports Somoza exclaims, "In twenty years we'll see who's right!" Thirty years later I'm more confident than ever he was. Reagan and Bush caught a lot of flack for their policies, but the record speaks for itself. By 1993 practically the only country in all of Latin America that was not a democracy was that erstwhile favorite of the Left, Cuba. Perhaps Hollywood will make a movie based on that, but I doubt it.

• Sep 11, 2013

(***): [img]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/user/icons/icon14.gif[/img] Interesting and well acted.

• Feb 22, 2013

Hackman and Nolte as journalists covering the escalating conflict in Nicaragua in 1979. Got better in the second half. Didn't love this film but I think they did a great job on getting the atmosphere and setting of a third world nation in a state of civil war. Was glad to see pitcher Denny Martinez had a strong fan following before his Montreal Expos days.

• Jan 12, 2013

Maybe its my abhorance and dislike of any of joanne cassidy acting, but this rings earnest, yet false.

• Sep 30, 2012

Great movie. Very suspenseful, very touching, with great performances from Nolte and Cassidy.

• Dec 09, 2011

Started off great but then just slowly but surely went down the drain!

Started off great but then just slowly but surely went down the drain!