Unforgettable - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Unforgettable Reviews

August 16, 2017
I really enjoyed this moved. The two female leads are perfect. I laughed and screamed and was entertained till the end. It's sassy and fun with a bitch flight to die for. Perfect evening viewing.
½ August 15, 2017
A decent predictable film with a terrible sequel-esk ending.
August 14, 2017
This is too predictable to be considered suspenseful, but the ending was nicely twisted.
August 14, 2017
Rosario Dawson makes this hackneyed domestic thriller watchable if not enjoyable. Unforgettable rests solely on the performances of its talented cast delivering sufficient thrills no matter how predictable it gets. The story mirrors Beyonce's 2009 Obsessed in more ways than one but as these films are exciting to watch for their suspense and villainous ladies, unforgettable is no less engaging. Definitely worth the watch.
August 14, 2017
This movie was better than I expected, but I still think it could have used more action and a different ending.
August 12, 2017
I need to write this review quickly before I forget that I even watched this. Was the title supposed to be a paradox?

They must not have spent very much money on this film because it shows. It had the potential as a plot but failed in execution. It seems that this film wants to be Gone Girl,
but you have to actually be able or want to write a script for that to have happened.

Rosario's character is too weak and needs more lines.

Heigl's character (I don't remember the name in the film and I'm not putting effort into remembering) is overly developed. Julia (played by Rosario) is unfortunately not balanced against this development; this leaves the viewer feeling too frustrated to root for her. As the viewer, I feel manipulated into wanting her to finally stand up to Heigl's character.

This script is too formulaic and insulting to the viewer. For Lifetime, yes this is fair quality but unacceptable for a WB production in 2017.

1 star and this is for the styling team that maintained Rosario's wavy hairstyle.

The film does try to explain why Heigl's character is the way she is, but this is also as hackneyed as Rosario being a weak abuse victim. Give me something throughout the rising action so that I am not left underwhelmed by the climax. Speaking of climax, the sex screen was dry. I like math so I am all for a formula if it works but this 1+1=2 is not as exciting as something like a system of equations with nuanced and dynamic characters vs. these very stale and static ones. Why is the ex husband so dumb? Is it because he is that self-absorbed that he couldn't put together that his ex is crazy and capable of madness? These characters were written so poorly that I really didn't care about anyone. So if the goal of this film was an exercise in apathy, then well done!
August 8, 2017
Unforgettable is something that should be forgotten and probably will be once it ends. It is that typical lifetime channel movie thriller about ex wife crazy obsession over the husband's new lady. Things start going awry very fast to get rid of the husbands new love interest. That sums up about the movie and the plot alone is predictable and been done in many lifetime movies before. What makes this film any different? Nothing really. Besides seeing Katherine Heigl and her obsession and crazy performance and Rosario Dawson being harassed and playing the victim card with no one believing her.

The plot is predictable and boring. It has its clichés when Julie (Rosario Dawson) boyfriend works and is gone most of the time (usually at night). Were Julie sees or hears things lurking around the house. Or when her crazy ex that she had a restraining order appears and attacks her all thanks to Tessa (Katherine Heigl) mastermind plan to ruin the relationship. There is nothing special about the plot.

The film lacks the thrills that it is suppose to be doing. The script is shallow with the character development, which gives us nothing to care about the leading lady Julia. Besides she had a rough past and had to get a restraining order against her abusive ex boyfriend. And Tessa crazy obsession with David (Geoff Stults). Tessa may not be entirely sane when her obsession of looking beautiful and always upkeep with everything.

The direction was filled with characters making stupid decisions. Julia is clueless and brain dead when things go missing like her wedding ring or David's watch or even her cell phone. And conveniently Tessa is nearby and she does not connect the suspicions about her until the last half hour of the film.

The thrills are lacking so when things do heat up with Julia trying to stop Tessa. It was boring and dull. Plus the repetition of seeing Tessa disapproving Julia of her parenting skills on her daughter gets boring and old really fast for the hour and a half of the movie.

Overall, Unforgettable is horrible and must be forgotten. I do not recommend the film.
½ August 7, 2017
Dawson has the best performance of the film from beginning to end, Heigl is getting better as the film unfolds. And he keeps us watching the next scene, with good acting, great script, but the production leaves a lot to be desired.
½ August 4, 2017
That was pretty good...
August 4, 2017
the very definition of a guilty pleasure
August 4, 2017
Yeah it wasn't great but it wasn't that bad. I'm a fan of jealousy / love rivalry movies so I was very attacted to it at first. It was rather predictable and the lead man didn't seem worthy but the acting was good.
August 4, 2017
"Oh Katherine Heigl! Why do you keep hopping up in crap? This manic and hilariously bad thriller may have a spot on my Worst of the Year list"
DVD Movie Review: Unforgettable
Date Viewed: July 26 2017
Directed By Denise Di Novi
Written By Christina Hodson
Starring: Katherine Heigl, Rosario Dawson, Geoff Stults, Isabella Rice, Cheryl Ladd, Simon Kassianides, Whitney Cummings and Robert Wisdom.

You will likely forget about this would-be Lifetime thriller in a week but you won't forget Katherine Heigl's insanely laughable performance. Some of my fellow critics have said that "This is the Katherine Heigl of my dreams!" and "Give us more of your insanity!" but I'm sorry folks, I'm one of those trolls who hates Katherine Heigl to death. What was she trying to prove here? Being in "Fatal Attraction" knock-offs will help you bring your dying career back to life? Judging by her enjoyably awful performance here, Heigl is trying so hard to make her angry and vengeful upper-class mother role click but unfortunately her character has no juice.

WHY! Rosario Dawson WHY! This film doesn't deserve you. Wanna know the truth? I think she got forced into doing this because she supported Bernie Sanders and she bashed Hillary. Dawson is disappointing here but Heigl she's enjoyably over-the-top in all the wrong ways. You would think that after starring in so many bad rom-coms (The Ugly Truth, Life as We Know It, The Big Wedding, New Year's Eve, 27 Dresses, Killers), a dismal animated feature (The Nut Job), a terrible dark comedy (Home Sweet Hell), two canceled TV shows and ads for kitty litter, Katherine Heigl would've fired her agents and managers, get real scripts and finally learned her lesson but nope, she's continuing to hit the can down the road.

Even though it was written and directed by women, "Unforgettable" is one of those erotic thrillers that's so corrosive, it doesn't even hit the so bad it's good category. Heigl plays Tessa Connover, a newly divorced mother who's barely coping with the end of her marriage. Tessa's ex-husband, David (Geoff Stults) has already moved on with another woman, Julia Banks (Dawson) and they are set to get married. How does Tessa find out about David's engagement to Julia? Through a text message of course! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! BUT WAIT! It gets even better! After snooping through Julia's phone, an enraged Tessa f$&@s a bartender in her car and she tells him to get out! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Tessa also begins to dig dirt on Julia's past and she sets up a faux Facebook account for Julia so that Tessa can message her abusive and psychotic ex-boyfriend, Michael Vargas (Simon Kassianides) but what really matters here is the caring for her daughter, Lily (Isabella Rice). Not only does Tessa dig into her troubled past, she also labels Julia a bad mother because she gives Lily a rash, she loses Lily at the Pharma's market, she makes the supper too spicy for her and she doesn't know how to brush her hair effectively. All of this is enough for Tessa to declare "She must be terminated!". Oh yes, this platinum blonde, Ivanka Trump clone will stop at nothing to turn Julia's life into a living hell.

"Unforgettable" was directed by long-time film producer Denise Di Novi and her glossy instincts for this material fail at almost every turn. The script by Christina Hodson (Shut In) generates little empathy for the characters and the dialogue here is about as unbelievable as Dwayne Johnson's aspirations to become President of the United States. I can't believe I'm saying this but I'll give Katherine Heigl...... UGH! credit for at least adding flair to her character. Nevertheless, she still gives an awful performance and as for poor Rosario Dawson how on earth did you say yes to this? Oh that's right you supported Bernie.

"Unforgettable" also stars comedian Whitney Cummings as Julia's best friend and Cheryl Ladd as Tessa's mother. To put it in perspective, everybody involved with this besides Heigl deserves way better. I do hope that this manic and hilariously bad thriller will have a spot on my Worst of the Year list because it is such a career-crusher.
½ August 4, 2017
De lo peor de este año.
½ August 3, 2017
Lower than lifetime Movies.
August 3, 2017
I really liked this movie. Suspenseful and great acting. Idk why everyone is giving it such bad reviews.
August 2, 2017
Unforgettable est un thriller très vite prévisible et qu'on auras assez vite oublier. Heureusement , le jeu des acteurs principaux parvient à nous faire garder un peu l'intérêt.
August 2, 2017
go away from acting katherine helgi you suck
July 31, 2017
set in same location
July 30, 2017
Will there be a part 2??
½ July 29, 2017
This movie has The Room level of bad acting but that was funny and and this is just cringe worthy, DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!