Us Reviews

• 3h ago

Admirable for it's ambitious goals, but not as sharply written as Get Out and ultimately breaks under the weight of the rules it creates for itself.

• 5h ago

completely loved this film, the direction it went and how the cast brought the characters alive really played out in the end. Jordan Peele does it again.

• 9h ago

Horrible movie. We actually were laughing our way through it! I don't get why the critics loved it.

• 1d ago

Horrible acting and just plain stupid. Ive never seen such a horrible movie or such bad acting.

• 1d ago

ordan Peele's second directed film had plenty of expectations to fill especially coming after the critically acclaimed "Get Out" but he over comes that and delivers a highly entertaining horror romp. First things first, this is definitely not "Get Out 2" and if you go in expecting that you'll only be disappointed, but Us features an original concept, some great directing Fromm Peele once more, and a beautiful score! As well as some phenomenal performances from Lupita Nyong'o and Winston Duke, the film's script is well executed and leaves lots up to interpretation which could upset some, but allows for some original contemplation. An entertaining horror film that doesn't disappoint, but could leave some wanting more.

• 1d ago

For as good as Get Out was, Us is just as bad. Every human has a soulless doppelgänger? And they Are created by the government. Can't get my money back for wasting my time

• 1d ago

Cool concept, poor execution. Jordan Peele is incredibly overrated.

Cool concept, poor execution. Jordan Peele is incredibly overrated.

• 2d ago

Great idea, poorly executed. People just didn't act like people. I'm able to accept that if you're going for the 80's slasher film, but this was a lot to ask of characters that were otherwise normal. I loved the whole premise behind this film but just couldn't get past the characters' actions. I was willing to ignore the huge number of issues with the foundation, but these characters just didn't act human. For example, you have a family being attacked, some of them literally running for their lives and no one makes a sound. They phone the police but get the non-emergency treatment because there's no threat at that point, but don't bother to reach back out once there is a treat. And then, when faced with clones trying to kill them just minutes before, they're relaxed at a table with their backs to the wall and their dead friends on the floor. Then the decide to drive home, after a comment that they needed to head to Mexico, and pass probably hundreds of locations that they could have gotten a weapon ... but Mom was happy with that fire poker. At that point, you know that you're fighting an army of clones armed only with scissors but close to face them with a fire poker ... Really?!!! I tried to let all of the foundational issues go, because I wanted to give the core story a fair shot, but there was plenty there to concern me. For example ... These shadows seemed to be mindlessly tethered to their counterparts above, moving their arms as if they were puppets. But when the people above ate actual food, the shadows below just mirrored their motions ... They even show this happening. How do these shadow ppl actually get calories? What happens when they get sick? They're biological, after all. I was fine letting all of that foundational stuff go, but the issues with even the basic characters doinh unexplained things left me realizing that the entire execution was just sloppy. I love Jordan, but this wasn't his best work.

• 2d ago

4/5 Don't expect answers, just scares and questions. It's not entirely mysterious by the end, but the biggest question of all remains, what does it all mean? What do the Tethered represent, if anything? I will pat myself on the back for one thing - the big reveal about Wilson/Red at the end was pretty obvious to me from the beginning, and I'm usually not that bright about these things.

• 2d ago

I love the ending it was so surprising lol TBH I want to see more of Peele movies ! There thrilling and have so much dark comedy hahaha I love it !!!! Get out wasn't my favorite , I liked this one . it reminds me of strangers, purge , and the orphan all in one ha