Us Reviews

• 3d ago

What starts as an ominous and troubling home invasion descends into the kind of head-scratcher that doesn't challenge you, but more makes you wonder what the actual intention was. An untidy script - albeit well delivered - doesn't help. Sometimes a bit more exposition is helpful, because if the villains are willing to narrate the story, you need that script to walk the audience through it. Get Out set such a high bar that Us simply doesn't get anywhere near. Nothing in this film stayed with me when it finished, I shrugged my shoulders and turned off the TV. Entirely missable.

• 5d ago

Jordan Peele's newest horror/thriller is truly a frightening masterpiece. The combination of the film's score and its incredible lead actress along with her amazing supporting actors make for one thrilling and terrifying experience. If you are in need of a movie that is truly scary without the use of cheap jump scares, this is the film for you. It is intelligent without having to tell you that it is intelligent. It is a very impressive movie.

• 5d ago

This movie was a huge disappointment, the plot made little to no sense at all. And it dragged on forever. The ending was totally pointless as well.

• Apr 10, 2021

To be honest, I can’t even be sure what the point or theme of this was, so I’m just gonna say Jordan Peele did a good job building suspense, and move along.

• Apr 08, 2021

Has the feel of a comedy/horror minus the comedy. An interesting storyline with an ending that leaves the audience guessing. Definitely worth a watch but would not go into it with high hopes of being the best horror movie out there.

• Apr 08, 2021

Outstanding and misunderstood. Peele's second masterpiece.

Outstanding and misunderstood. Peele's second masterpiece.

• Mar 26, 2021

Don't get how this made its way to the top of your best horror movies list. It was a bit flat and very very disappointing after the amazing Get out.

• Mar 26, 2021

I mean I tried to like it. And I appreciate the studio giving the director creative freedom. But this art project just wasn't for me.

• Mar 25, 2021

It left me with questions! Scared to death after. - Be your own enemy.

It left me with questions! Scared to death after. - Be your own enemy.

• Mar 25, 2021

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie on the story and thematic level. Some would criticize the somewhat broad message that Peele puts into his films, but I believe that it creates another layer of interestingness to the film as a whole. Although, I concretely believe that it can be enjoyed off of the plot alone. Great switch up to the traditional 'family survives a nightmare scenario' that works very well.