Waterworld - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Waterworld Reviews

August 26, 2017
It's fascinating to me how these guys could be so dirty yet surrounded by tons of water. It was also disturbing how women were treated as merely sex objects to satisfy the "needs" of disgusting men.
July 31, 2017
My Favorite Science Fiction Film Of All Time Is 1968's 2001: A Space Odyssey.
July 31, 2017
Quite the ambitious misfire!
½ July 29, 2017
I enjoyed this one despite the poor rating. Good cast and interesting story
July 24, 2017
I have a weird affinity for worlds that are covered in water. This story was basically one of the first stories I came up with as a kid; people evolving gills, and webbed feet; swimming through algae covered underwater skyscrapers. Magical.
May 16, 2017
Sure, there's some huge plot holes and they don't seem to adhere to their own mythology throughout, but this is hardly the travesty most make it out to be. It's kind of silly, but it has a solid premise and some cool action setpieces.
May 1, 2017
Disappointed this movie has such low reviews I made a goddamn Rotten Tomatoes account to boost it's Stars. F****** classic you don't like Kevin Costner f*** you. People who don't like this movie don't have souls if you haven't seen this movie yet so I can watch it.
April 30, 2017
Its a cheesy film without a doubt. This movie really captured my imagination as a kid
March 29, 2017
An inventive, underrated and engaging cult classic with a lot to love. Plus, a lot of stuff gets blown up.
½ March 12, 2017
It seemed like an attempt at a Mad Max-style post-apocalyptic film with a director not fully ready to delve into the "crazy" like a George Miller would. It shouldn't have been labeled a bomb though. It had a lot of strong points, but also many weak ones. Worth a watch by adventure and action movie lovers. Rating: 7.5 / 10
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 8, 2017
Terrible boring but cool idea but doesn't pull it off movie starring Kevin Costner , some random lady who cannot act and she's only their to be eye candy and it does not work on me, I might be in a bad mood because on the first day of 2017 I saw 3 bad movies including this one. I was waiting to see this movie in anticipation and when I saw the live show at universal studios Hollywood, I loved the live performance but now all the hype leading up to see this movie, I'm very disappointed and when did this movie come out in the 90s, 2016 had a better version with better action and better acting than this movie did. I like Kevin Costner in this movie but he doesn't fit the part, the plot is cool waterworld , everything's water until the end of the movie wherev they of course find land. Waterworld to me is trying to be the opposite of mad max. Mad max has no water, just land and waterworld has just water no land. Their endings are similar too, they both find what they lack in their society, in waterworld land and in mad max, water. So it's a win win in the end for them but not the audience.
November 11, 2016
"Waterworld" is basically "Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome" mixed with a waterpark stunt show...and while the action things are goofy, big, bombastic and somewhat fun...they do not make up for the many long boring scenes in between of Kevin Costner telling people not to touch stuff on his boat. Movie failed to really capture me for the most part. A big expensive mess.
October 30, 2016
Great movie love all the action.
Just like Mad Max 1 and 2.
And the new Mad Max.
Who knows maybe a few hundred years from now it might happen to the world.
Seen the movie many times a year. When i get bored of most movies i watch it again and again.

Love that type of movies need more of it.
There is a story to it that i dont think a lot of people see it.
Great actors to the movie also. Fits the parts very well.
½ August 28, 2016
The film, visually is enjoyable, it should be considering its legendary bloated budget. The whole world its set in has potential but the problem lies in the fact that the story is underwhelming with a number of small plot holes and acting (besides the always joyously over-the-top Dennis Hopper) is bland. Costner acts like he doesn't want to be there, or even cares and Majorino's performance is a like a female Jake Lloyd. Its an ok film but considering how much time, effort and money put into it, it should have been better. Its worth watching for the sake of guilty pleasure movies but not much else.
August 24, 2016
The first 50 minutes are surprisingly enjoyable. Indeed the production values and the villain actors remain entertaining throughout. And the world building of Waterworld is well implemented, even if the scripting could use improvement. Unfortunately there's a lot of stupid and dull moments as the film continues.
½ August 13, 2016
An expensive Mad Max like film that ends up being too uninteresting, though it's a pleasure to watch the scenere, real made decorations, devices, etc.
July 7, 2016
This is one of my all time favorite movies. Yes, it is a little cheesy, but I haven't found any movie that has come close to a concept like this that can even touch this movie!
May 12, 2016
This was one of my favorite movies when I was younger. And even now there's a certain sense of nostalgic charm to it.
½ May 4, 2016
Some interesting ideas and set pieces but doesn't make out fur the underdeveloped script.