Wild Bill - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wild Bill Reviews

½ June 25, 2016
More feels than you'll think you'd have watching a story about a man struggling with family issues after his prison sentence ends.
January 1, 2016
Superb British drama. A simple story but well crafted and directed with some really good performances. Very realistic but entertaining at the same time
December 27, 2015
I enjoyed it, but unclear of its 100% fresh rating.
October 16, 2015
Synchronicity. I hadn't come across Dexter Fletcher before, but he got a mention on 'The Brig Society' on Radio 4 last night. Then we watched this, which he directed. It's gritty - E found it hard to watch. At first glance it appears to be a realistic portrayal of life on a sink estate in East London. At a second look it's apparent that it's a wishful tale of redemption. Either way it's a good movie with some great performances, cleverly directed and shot.
April 2, 2015
Certainly not without flaws, but the story and the message are strong enough to overcompensate its weaknesses. Wild Bill is a confident and engaging British drama film that revolves around two terrific central performances. I really liked it!
January 29, 2015
Sincere and charming. Will Poulter at his best
½ January 24, 2015
Cockney scallywag movie. The main character gave very little until his showdown at the end showing us why he is known as 'Wild Bill', not 'mild Bill', lol. Enjoyed the predictable 'what it's like inside' speech at the end too
January 3, 2015
Gritty, British dramas are ten to the penny, but this one floats to the top.
½ December 31, 2014
The movie has gangsters and a gangland territory, but it's much more thoughtful than that, about going straight and responsibility in a tough environment.
December 29, 2014
Wild Bill follows the path of many British crime dramas where everybody is dislikeable and aggressive.
Its only the performance of creed-miles as reluctant but loving father which brings any warmth to the film.
Aside from a decent fight scene at the end the rest of the film is pretty depressing...
½ December 11, 2014
really enjoyed this film
November 30, 2014
This is one of my favourite films of the last ten years. An unforgettable performance from Creed-Miles and a finale that is up there with the best of them. Kitchen sink on acid.
November 27, 2014
(58%)
To make yet another low budgeted cockney based crime drama is a bit like making yet another low budget zombie horror, it's something that has been done and done and done. So to stand out from the pack it really needs to be a sizeable step up from the more average entries. And I'm glad to report that this is. The first time feature film director Dexter Fletcher really has created something that shows the near impossible situation ex-cons face, and not in the more lazily way of gang intimidation to get back into a life of crime, but home and family life too. It also helps that the writing feels like something that was actually worked on rather than scribbled down on a bit of paper during shooting. While the performances are all pretty good, even if a couple of the side characters are a little underwritten. Overall a really quite solid crime drama with more than a few nice touches of comedy, a cool soundtrack, and more than a bit of heart, all set in the backdrop of a harsh London neighbourhood that's constantly changing.
September 16, 2014
Very impressive. Affecting, and surprisingly fresh even though it's common ground. A clever balance of social awareness and cool, with nicely underplayed humour.
½ August 27, 2014
Wild Bill is about a man fresh out of prison following an eight-year stint finds his wife has abandoned his sons (now 11 and 15) - and he is more than ready to do the same. Yet when social services gets wind of the situation - he is forced to be a "father" or his son will make sure he returns to prison. But during this short-lived family period, he actually finds himself finally connecting with the family he has missed. This movie has good acting and good writing and all of those made the movie more then a violent street movie.
August 2, 2014
Good movie.. Acting was superb.. interesting story!
½ July 28, 2014
Don't know what people saw in this movie. Slow, bland and uneventful.
July 21, 2014
Should be a nice little Brit father's day flick... nicely done...
July 8, 2014
A great British film with something for everyone. I hope to see more from this team.
½ July 6, 2014
Given the impressively unanimous critical acclaim, I was very excited to see this film. Unfortunately, I found it to be very underwhelming. I kept waiting for this film to reveal the reason for its universal acclaim, but it never seemed to arrive. It was certainly not a bad film, but it also is certainly not a great film.