Wild Target - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wild Target Reviews

½ November 8, 2016
I was rather surprised by how much I liked this one, a fun blend of action and comedy that sees a stoic hit man suddenly coming out of his shell when confronted with a gorgeous young victim who he ends up on the run with, along with a hostage who helps them form an impromptu family unit.

Really charming stuff, well worth a rental, and I can happily report that it holds up to repeated viewings due to that delightful cast.
½ May 23, 2016
Cute and quirky. Expect Brit-style dry and dark humor but with a light feel. Not uproarious but certainly enjoyable.
½ March 21, 2016
A fun packed 90min film, exactly what you'd expect from a funny assassin type film, Emily blunt stars throughout and immediately makes it better! Bill Nighy weird relationship with psycho mum doesn't help
½ February 16, 2016
I laughed pretty: D Cool, pleasant film.
January 27, 2016
Quirky and fun. A sequel to this could have a lot of potential if done properly.
January 22, 2016
"You know I'm a terrible shot. I could easily aim at your head and blow your balls off."

I love British comedies and this one is great. The characters are likable and well-cast. Bill Nighy and Emily Blunt strike up a modern day love-story that is unconventional and yet somehow totally believable. They play off each other marvelously and prove in every film they are in why they are worth watching. Rupert Grint shakes off the Weasley while smoking dope, catching knives, and blowing ears off of thugs makes it alone worth a view. The plot is simple but runs at a tight pace never getting dull. The comedy is pretty quirky and typical of this genre and the timing is dead on.
October 4, 2015
Wild Target is a fun Thief/Heist/Con Comedy about an Assassin hired to take out a Con woman, who ends up getting tangled up and working with her while picking up a young man who always seems to get in the way. This movie has some solid comedic acting from Emily Blunt (who is really hot in this movie as usual lol), Bill Nighy and a standout in Rupert Grint who up until this point we had basically only seen as a goody goody tween in the Harry Potter series and he stepped out of that shadow in this movie. There was also some great support in this movie from Rupert Everett, Eileen Atkins and the always great Martin Freeman. If you're a fan of Crime/Comedies or British Comedies you will really like this movie.
6.5/10
August 10, 2015
Harmlessly fun little British comedy type thing.
½ July 12, 2015
A very cute romantic action comedy. The movie doesn't take itself very seriously, having visual gags and quirky scenes. It's a fun experience.
½ April 5, 2015
Nice movie, the moments (few) when the plot works are funny and makes it watchable.
February 13, 2015
The cast is superb but there's no chemistry between them on screen, all due to lacking of having a proper dialogues with each other. Dialogues in this movie are disconnected and all over the places. I caught myself saying 'What? What are they talking about... Oh. Wow. Random!' several times throughout the movie.
½ February 3, 2015
That only reason behind watching this film was to see Emily Blunt perform in a comedy. She was funny, unluckily, the film with its boring plot and repeated jokes, didn't benefit from her character.
½ January 28, 2015
Grade:Higher 5/10

Wild Target is a British action comedy that although may have a fun
story, does lack the jokes needed for this to be OK. I found it lacked
a few things although not everything and I did enjoy the actual plot,
along with some competent acting from people maybe unfamiliar with the
role. In the end it is a good old bit of fun and adventure and the film
does start to take you everywhere, I felt it was safely average though
and here below is why so.

The story is not too thrilling in my opinion, maybe for some but I did
feel it tried at times to get the joke out more than the good thrills.
The humour lacks all the way through and although bits here and there
may make you chuckle or raise a smile, there aren't enough to say it is
OK and there not good enough anyway. I quite enjoyed the ending of the
film, of course I won't ruin it here but it is more interesting than
some other parts of the film and you may feel just a little something
for the characters.

Bill Nighy is good as Victor Maynard the assassin and although he maybe
doesn't get the jokes out the right way, is still a steady force in the
film acting wise. The most surprising performance from this film was
with Rupert Grint, he actually acts very well I felt for his type of
role and truly for me, throws off the Harry Potter cloak that is
obviously his biggest role to date. Disliked Emily Blunt, she wasn't
bad just a little too unfunny and her character reinforces that
annoyance as well, rest of supporting cast are brimming with talent
such as Martin Freeman, Rupert Everett and Eileen Atkins, all chipping
in.

It isn't really directed or written well and could be the main bad part
about this movie and what really drags it downwards. The jokes just
aren't there and not too funny at all and even when you feel a moment
will be funny, the direction used seems to squander all opportunities.
I actually really quite liked the settings seen throughout, like London
and all it has to offer but also we see beautiful countryside scenery
at one point and may leave you liking the background more than what's
going on.

It isn't all bad to say my review seems very negative so far, it has
the jokes it truly does and as previously mentioned, it can give you a
slight smile or chuckle. It has good action scenes too and when the
action is involved it really does take the film up a notch and makes it
more entertaining, even if it just isn't that funny that much.

If you like action comedies then this isn't the best one to see but
still could be worth a watch, I think and did feel whilst watching that
the humour may appeal to some people and so it possibly can be more
funny for some. If your looking for smart plot and dialogue then avoid
this, not too smart and the whole real premise of the film is ruined
within the first 20 minutes I would have to say, although many others
do it too.

Overall I give it a higher 7/10, it is Safely Average, not quite a poor film or
lower, but still not good at all and would have needed much more work
done to make it better. It's a short watch I guess and so it's not the
most boring, I wasn't left bored at any point as the story is mildly
interesting for the most part, but the jokes lack and the characters
fade away a bit, but I can't help feel I want to see more of some of
them.
½ January 26, 2015
The attempt at comedy just sucks any notion out of this movie being any good.
January 3, 2015
Well worth a watch with some very funny scenes and Rab C Nesbit holding his ear lol
September 28, 2014
Assassino profissional nao consegue matar sua vitima e ainda por cima se apaixona por ela... um besteirol legal de se ver... mas nada demais tb!!
September 18, 2014
muy divertida y excelente final
August 29, 2014
A nice cast, but every actor seems miscast within their role, with perhaps Emily Blunt the most comfortable in her lightly comic performance. It's generally just a silly comedy that probably should never have got made.
July 17, 2014
very entertaining! love all the actors--and their characters (esp. BN and EB) are excellent! formulaic storyline, perhaps, but with enough wit and humour to make it thoroughly enjoyable. I want to say "romp."
½ July 4, 2014
I can't agree with the reviewers. It may be me, may be I have a juvenile sense of humour.I loved this film and made it a part of my permanent collection. It's hilarious.