World War Z - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

World War Z Reviews

½ October 23, 2016
Worst zombie movie ever. Road to bison is 100x times better
½ October 12, 2016
Mediocre zombie infection flick that takes itself too seriously without delivering much in terms of suspenseful pay off - lot of bark, not a lot of bite. & like most films of this nature, the characters are short lived and cliche, so why should we as an audience care? The resolution to the zombie apocalypse was interesting at least.
½ October 7, 2016
After watching World War Z I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was and also how different it was to most other zombie movies, There's some great action but not the usual gory kills as it's very intense and edge of your seat action and it makes this film work, The 3D wasn't worth paying an extra £2 for, But what does make this film stand out most is the plot it's not the usual zombie plot, The effects were very good and Brad Pitt acts his way through the film in style, The zombies were amazing and how they should be done, When all is said and done it's very gripping that gets your heart pumping that can be enjoyed by anyone who likes a good action movie.
October 7, 2016
Decent zombie movie but doesn't really bring anything new to the table. Has virtually nothing to do with the book. That would have made for a great TV series, but I suppose Walking Dead has that covered now.
½ October 3, 2016
Enjoyable even though it was a Zombie movie
½ September 30, 2016
One of the better zombie apocalyptic movies. It has plenty of suspense, action and fast-moving thrills to keep viewers entertained.
½ September 28, 2016
Gah. One of the worst (high-budget) zombie movies I've ever seen.
September 25, 2016
Not perfect but very effective. Enjoyable and swift action flick.
September 19, 2016
World War Z stars Brad Pitt who is UN representative who helps to try to figure out how to stop the pandemic of a zombie attack. Great cast, great script and crisp action sequences. Overall it was a great movie, enjoyable and fast paced. It was a fun movie with great suspense, I would definitely add to your list.
½ September 18, 2016
A great example of action Horror is this movie with it's extreme zombies, and planes crashing to the ground. I loved what the zombies did they were Deffinetly like animals I just didn't like how they looked. The finale of this movie was perfect.
September 15, 2016
Greatest movie ever! Period!
September 6, 2016
World War Z is a very solid movie with some great performances. I revisited this movie after I saw it stuffed in my movie collection. I hadn't seen it since I saw it in theaters in 2013. The movie starts out very fast paced giving only one scene to establish Gerry's family. While are protagonists are in the car, shit gets real, and zombies come out and start eating people. While I am not a fan of shaky cam MOST of the time, it satisfyingly captures the chaos and terror erupting in the streets. Gerry gets his family out of harm's way, they then happen upon a very stressful trip to the grocery, which is my favorite scene in the movie. I really can't put my finger on why I like it so much I just do. Maybe its because it's very real. If an epidemic like this was actually under way, sure as hell people would be raiding the supermarket. I also want to mention the colors of this movie, there are lots of grey and bland colors that are very unsettling even before the shit hits the fan. Back to our story.
½ September 5, 2016
Standard zombie flick. No real gripes, but nothing really amazing either.
September 4, 2016
A must see zombie flick with enough jump scares and a plane scene to rattle your nerves!
½ August 31, 2016
World War Z subverted from the typical zombie formula with a hint of originality, aided mainly by an ever-reliable performance from Brad Pitt and a fast pace. What lets it down slightly from cult classic, is the slightly weak ending, patchy writing and PG-13 rating (for a zombie movie, more gore is needed). Nonetheless, still a good, old-fashioned zombie, popcorn flick.
Verdict: B
August 29, 2016
78% It definitely shouldn't have been rated PG-13, but World War Z still brings plenty of action and adds a smart and fast paced and thrilling piece to the zombie genre.
August 20, 2016
Another boring zombie movie... Nothing new or exciting. Very forgettable. Actually I don't even remember what it's about.
August 10, 2016
A mildly entertaining insult to the zombie genre.
August 8, 2016
Magic jumping zombies, dumb unrealistic decisions, and bad writing/plot. It is just terrible. PG-13 zombie movies = Crap.
½ August 7, 2016
This movie was very well done. Love the special effects, the acting, the plot.
It was a very enjoyable zombie movie...but with two big chinks.
First off, the camera movements. Most of the time I couldn't piece together what was going on because the movie kept cutting to different characters. It became equivalent to watching strobe lights.
The second chink is the ending. It was so...unsatisfactory.

I would watch it again, but I'd have to prepare myself for the headache I will get from the camera movements,