All American: Season 2 Reviews

• May 30, 2020

Season 1 was great. Season 2 not so much. Way too much heavy handed drama. Not sure they can say this is even remotely based on a true story at this point.

• Apr 28, 2020

I can't figure out why the ratings were bad for this season. This show has tremendous drama.

• Apr 21, 2020

All American is all heart. Not a perfect show, but one so earnest in its intentions and attentive to its themes and characters that it leaves an indelible impression long after Season 2's closing credits. Love, as they say, covers a multitude of sins. The dichotomy between the affluence of Beverly Hills and the relative poverty of Crenshaw continues to play a central role in the show, but while in Season 1, the characters were still trying to navigate their individual paths across this chasm, by Season 2, they mature into an awareness of their responsibilities to their communities and of the issues that unite them. Their capacity to suffer, forgive, and overcome are truly tested in this season, but in most cases, they pass with flying colors. The characters don't give up on each other or themselves, even and especially at their lowest. While another show may have sidelined characters that polled poorly in viewer focus groups, All American sticks with them and gives each of them a path to redemption, even if not all of them fully take it. And though they are unsurprisingly portrayed by actors so chiseled and stunning they wouldn't look out of place on a Milan runway, the central characters are so relatable in their flaws, desires, and dreams, they could practically step into your living room. A few predictable plot twists and one-dimensional villains aside, All American is a well-crafted, emotional journey of personal growth and discovery that transcends football.

• Apr 20, 2020

Too much drama that just did not flow. Many of it did not fit characters personality's and felt very forced. Season one was great. Maybe if they get 3, they will get back on track.

• Apr 05, 2020

I always get drawn in by CW shows, and then it never turns out the way I wish they would. The diversity and most of the content covered is really good, but overall the script writing is unbearable at times. Some of the lines sound like a fourteen year old wrote it, and maybe that's okay because the show is geared more toward that demographic. However, it wasn't my thing.

• Apr 04, 2020

This series is one of my favorites due to the message and variation of important issues it touches upon. Not only does it talk about racism (how authorities treat black people, white on black racism, stereotypical perception of black people) but it also talks about mental disorders, unhealthy familial relationships, addictions on drugs and alcohol, suicide, self-harm and many more. It shows the ideal way of treating and dealing with these issues, offering examples and coping methods. It is absolutely incredible, touching, the screen-play and writing are impeccable and as a teenage girl I have gotten so many life lessons from this series. I extremely recommend it.

• Mar 31, 2020

All-American still attracts with its pretty cast, positive message, and glossy production. However it tries to do too much per season, like it knows its either on borrowed time, or too impatient to space things out. As a result, character development suffers huge, to the point where there is none. You will not find a tv show with a group of high schoolers who act more like sensible, full-fledged adults anywhere.

• Mar 28, 2020

Absolutely amazing! Definitely something I could watch everyday. Can't wait for Season3!!!!!

• Mar 25, 2020

Being stuck in quarantine means watching whatever is on. You can tell this season was not anywhere close to what was the actual experience of Spencer Paysinger. Was he still in the conversation in this season or was it more free? What was wrong with the original story? What biases and assumptions are the writers and editors making about people in South Central? Again this season feels like One Tree Hill meets 90210. While there are varying black characters, the focus is on the typical stereotypes. I wish it would distinguish itself as a football show of 2020. The missed opportunities to bring sports into the drama world is overwhelming.

• Mar 24, 2020