Better Things: Season 3 Reviews

• Apr 30, 2020

Sorta fine. First couple of seasons were great, but this one just kind of lost its way. Find myself bored with most of the episodes

• Apr 07, 2020

This series struggles to develop some interesting storylines. It appears mixed up without direction and lacking in a coherent view. That said there are moments of magic but they are fleeting and over so quickly. There is a distinct lack of chemistry between some new characters and all to often just as an interest is peaked off we go to another hacked piece of cut and paste production. The writing seems lost at times as it strains for something that is not there.

• Jan 03, 2020

This show just keeps getting better. The writing and acting is amazing! I was blown away by the rawness and honesty of season three!

• Sep 27, 2019

So much fun comet great place to escape for an hour!

So much fun comet great place to escape for an hour!

• Aug 09, 2019

Pamela Adlon is one of the best actresses around, and this year she ain't even got a nominee at the 2019 Emmys, this is beyond ridiculous. So spontaneous, so real, so maternal. So 100% at Rotten Tomatoes.

• Jul 20, 2019

Funny and relatable

Funny and relatable

• Jun 25, 2019

Excellent. Single motherhood 2.0. This is a fast paced 40 minute show that I wish was longer. Great episodes and it tackles hard subjects with humor.

• May 31, 2019

Was not perfect but very entertaining

Was not perfect but very entertaining

• May 30, 2019

Season 1 was good, but by the time this gets to Season 3 the bathroom humor and annoying teens with their typical issues gets very played. We watched Season 1, Season 2 and couldn't make it through episode 6 of Season 3. We're done watching.

• May 26, 2019

What happened to this show? So many interesting - and intense - dynamics going on just within the family. And yet story lines are abandoned as quickly as they are introduced (e.g. Frankie and transgenderism). Sam spends more time in the kitchen preparing meals than she does sitting down with her kids (individually or collectively) to have real, honest discussions. Wouldn't it be cool (and refreshing!) for Better Things to follow someone else around for a day, and push Sam to the background for once? Given how Better Things doles out extended coverage of her bodily functions (colonoscopy, masturbation), it's unlikely that Sam can get past herself.