Carnival Row: Season 1 Reviews

• 44m ago

Completely captivating!

Completely captivating!

• 3d ago

Interesting unique story that twist some typical fantasy thropes. Bit very mixed quality of writing, and some of the acting is also sub par.

• Feb 06, 2020

Too 'complicated' for the critics was it - "...simply has too much going on" eh? Gosh, poor critics, must be a headache having to pay attention to a rich story, with layers of narrative. Absolutely loved it myself. Quite moving at times. Beautifully designed and acted. Hopefully will carry on these intriguing storylines into a second season.

• Feb 04, 2020

The series will appeal to those who don't pay too much attention to excessive pathos, plot blunders, bad directing and not the most outstanding play of actors, but who love an unusual fantasy world that has its own atmosphere, emphasized by good music and excellent visuals. In general, the series is terribly boring and poorly staged.

• Feb 01, 2020

Creative and beautifully (though differently) designed. A storyline that hints at a broader spectrum.. just not reveiling too much of it yet. Anticipating a well matured second season.

• Jan 27, 2020

With so many reboots and rehashes of well worn out themes on TV it's nice to see someone generate a completely new backdrop and new set of characters. It's fresh and exciting - lots of subcontext though if you are not prepared to watch closely its not really for you.

• Jan 24, 2020

This show better have a season 2!! It was amazing. Fresh premises and a promising cast. I love the story and its real-world parallels make it a show I can't stop watching to the end! I need more NOWWWWW!!!

• Jan 18, 2020

No fey here, only humans. Not at all the fantasy drama it pretends to be, just a racial political drama that looks unusual and kind of nice only sometimes. Most imagery is gritty and dark

• Jan 10, 2020