Designated Survivor: Season 1 Reviews

• 4d ago

Just finished Season 1 on Netflix. Cut the cable cord years ago, so our household is all streaming. Gave it a shot due to being in a "show hole". Liked Keifer in "24". However, this really had the stink of network television all over it. Flat characters. "Ripped from the headlines" stories. The drama ginned up for commercial breaks is so awkward when streamed. The 5 Star General is right out of the "5 Star General Can - pop the top off and you have an ageing simplistic man who just wants to play with his war toys." The political drama feels like I am reading an editorial in the NYT or WaPo. Very predictable. So why did I sit through the whole season? The FBI drama. I can be had with a good "who dun it?". I was really impressed with Maggie Q's work. At first I thought "no way can this tiny woman kick ass (as a tiny woman myself) but damn look at her go." That kept me going. I may slog through Season 2 and 3 just to see what Netflix does with the series. Having seen some spoilers, I think I may be in for a let down.

• Jun 14, 2019

Sadly there was too much swearing in this series. It is a red flag for me when you have to log in because there is too much adult content! After 10 minutes I had to turn it off. Shame because seasons 1 and 2 were brilliant!

• Jun 13, 2019

Es una serie muy entretenida. Tal vez no resalte en nada pero es buena en todo.

Es una serie muy entretenida. Tal vez no resalte en nada pero es buena en todo.

• Jun 11, 2019

Very annoyed by season 3. Profanity, adult scenes, boring plot line. Make this show family friendly again. I loved seasons 1 and 2. I will not be watching this show again. Netflix you destroyed a series. You should've left it alone at a somewhat okay ending. I wish you never picked up this series. Do not watch this with your children!!!!

• Jun 09, 2019

Phenomenal political drama series

Phenomenal political drama series

• Jun 09, 2019

Seriously binge watched this season in a day. I loved it! It was probably one of my all time favorite shows to start watching in season 1. It was very engaging!

• May 12, 2019

This series is definitely worth watching if you're into like political action drama. This film provides a very vague allusion to the actual systematics of the White House Government Presidential system associated with the orders in command, but aside from the "disclosure of secrets" that run our Government, this film is definitely worth watching. The best part about this film is the story line. Hopefully this doesn't become a reality. Oh God I hope not.

• May 05, 2019

Incredibly touchy and boosts inner motivation to reach unknown powers

Incredibly touchy and boosts inner motivation to reach unknown powers

• Mar 21, 2019

The series grabs you from the first scene. The main story is riveting, well thought out, and well executed. It's great television. A major drawback is the constant distraction from the main story to truly non-interesting tropes. A maid held by ICE; Syrian refugees. These stand apart from the side stories that actually directly influence the main arc. Most of these stories revolve around Jessica Kirkman, the worst written and worst acted main character in the series. I don't much blame McElhone, however, playing a character who is an annoyance and always in the way of what people want to see playout is not an easy hand.

• Mar 03, 2019

It's a suspenseful show. I thought it was a lot of fun. The show also highlights the role of the rule of law and other legal hypotheticals I thought interesting. As I watched it, I could tell which scenes and dialogue were immaterial fluff so I could skip over it. I skipped over the scenes that centred on Kiefer (the designated survivor) and his wife, Kiefer and his family, and others that were, again, fluff.