Dollhouse: Season 2 Reviews

• Aug 11, 2020

A must watch 2nd season that has some amazing twists and a great story.

A must watch 2nd season that has some amazing twists and a great story.

• May 08, 2020

I was really disapointed with the 2nd season... took the sharpest turn.

I was really disapointed with the 2nd season... took the sharpest turn.

• Oct 28, 2017

could have been so good it was not given a real chance still wish eliza had done the faith series

• Nov 20, 2015

The network made a wise decision in killing this show. An intriguing idea made idiotic by script and acting.Sexist

• Nov 01, 2015

Some awesome, chilling moments. Shame it was cancelled, this season and especially the end were super rushed. There was potential for much more but it was wasted.

• Apr 18, 2015

Everyone was stunned when Dollhouse was renewed for a second season. Considering the show’s poor ratings (brought to you by your good friends at the Friday Night Death SlotTM), it was widely assumed that Dollhouse’s thirteen episodes would stand alone. However, FOX decided to give it one more try. Although they would later cancel the show, they gave the creative team a heads-up a few episodes in, allowing the producers to tie the series up with a bow. The series has kind of a weird progression. It starts ramping up slowly, with episodic content largely driving the story, and then moves to almost a completely serialized story towards the middle, before finishing off with a season finale that was a sequel to the unaired-thirteenth-episode, but also ties in to both the end of the second season and (retroactively) the end of the first season. The first real game-changer happens in the two-part “The Public Eye” and “The Left Hand.” It brings together a lot of cool plot ideas, and introduces us to another Dollhouse programmer, Bennett Halverson (played wonderfully awkwardly by Summer Glau). We also see the conclusion of the Daniel Perrin (played non-Britishly by Alexis Denisof) storyline, which establishes the L.A. Dollhouse as the closest thing we have to Good Guys. Other episodes of note are “Stop-Loss,” which focuses on Victor being reintroduced to the world, and “The Attic,” which starts really head-trippy, but give a lot of extremely important backstory about Rossum’s plans. Finally, “Getting Closer” gives us more context for Caroline and Bennett, and it finishes in a spectacular reveal, which pays off in “The Hollow Man”. Here, I find the setup of the series (Season 1) was better than the payoff (Season 2). As Whedon & co. were expecting to be shut down at a moment’s notice, you can scarcely blame them.

• Dec 30, 2014

Just finished Dollhouse season 2. Awesome show sad its over, Eliza Dushku & Joss Wheden are awesome!

• Aug 04, 2014

Yes, it is disappointing this show was cut so short in the middle of so many different unraveling plots, and the end result unsatisfying given the fact that it could have easily done with at the very least one more season. There's so many points of intrigue given very little development or screen time that could have gone on for entire episodes, but I still find myself un-ironically in love with Dollhouse and everything to do with this fun, often hilarious, campy series that has delivered to me an abundance of thrills within its meager two seasons. I thoroughly enjoyed what I got out of this series, though I could have easily gone for more.

• Mar 31, 2014

Fantastic concept, excellent delivery.

Fantastic concept, excellent delivery.