Escape at Dannemora: Miniseries Reviews

• 5d ago

Like watching paint dry in the rain. The "sex" scenes are a little disturbing. The music can get annoying as it is in the foreground, not the background. The speaking is a bit muffled and mumbled most of the time, especially when it is drowned out by the music. Arquette and Del Toro are amazing and watching them be their dynamic and somewhat disturbing characters are the only reason I continued to watch. Could have been a long movie instead of a drawn out series.

• Jan 18, 2020

I was so impressed by so many actors. Patricia of course, but also the man who played her husband. He was so good at playing dumb. Really well done.

• Dec 12, 2019

Ken Jacowitz was in this miniseries, so as a person of moral conscience, I must give it a 1/2.

• Jul 20, 2019

Escape at Dannemora's turns a potentially intriguing premise led by talented actors into a torture divided in seven long parts - thanks to a deslusional decision to turn Ben Stiller into its director.

• May 16, 2019

I admit, I was super into this show, Episodes 1-4. But I became completely confused, when they play this ridiculous music like all of a sudden I'm watching and episode of MacGyver...so weird..i liked it when it was moody, creepy and brooding and then...boom! Network television

• May 15, 2019

How did this bore get 89%? ridiculous! super slow boring as boring can be. Good actors in a total time waster of a sleeping pill.

• Mar 16, 2019

Interesting modern period drama with a less common view of prison and the dynamics of long-term inmates and prison guards/staff. The flashback episode and ending episode were weaker than the rest for me.

• Mar 11, 2019

"Escape at Dannemora" is a top-notch miniseries that blew me away with its superb directing and terrific performances. This series is definitely one of Ben Stiller's better efforts behind the camera and he does a good job telling this fact-based story. I think where the series truly shines is in its outstanding lead performances from Patricia Arquette, Benicio Del Toro, and Paul Dano. All three of these actors do a great job transforming into their characters, particularly Arquette who is unrecognizable in her role which is reminiscent of Charlize Theron in "Monster." The most glaring flaw in the show is its pace. This is definitely more of a slow burn rather than a fast-paced thrill ride. There were times that I felt that the story might have been told better in the format of a longer film rather than a 7 part miniseries. Nonetheless, it's a series that is worth checking out because it really stays with you because of how unnerving and impactful it is.

• Feb 09, 2019

4 episodes too long. Would have been a great movie. But 7 episodes is just way too long and boring.

• Jan 26, 2019