Halt and Catch Fire: Season 1 Reviews

• Jan 29, 2019

Halt and Catch fire (season 1-4) 4 stars out of 5. 5 is a rewatchable show. 4 stars is a full watch through with not a real regret, and kind of happy. 4 is pretty good. 5 is fucking great. So, I’ve watched a lot of shows recently. I’ve watched a lot of shitty shows too. I just pile through Netflix and amazon prime. I go to a website and find the shows that are best. I think maybe those websites are bullshit but whatever. What else am I going to do? So, the description of the show was like, “made by the creators of mad men.” So, I’m like, I liked mad men, this is like mad men for the tech industry, maybe it will be great too. Story: started off kind of slow. Carried into the middle. Bleh in the third one. Kind of an up and down throughout the story. Nostalgia kind of show, going through my childhood and adulthood. Very interesting. The show seemed like a prequel to the social network. This movie could’ve went a couple more seasons and brought us up to current events. Definitely character driven. See a lot of interesting character development and growth. Donald Draper: the Donald draper in this show was really excellent. The star in this story. Is he good guy or bad guy? Who the fuck knows? Really well-acted and very well-written. Great. Definitely the star of the show. Blonde girl: she did a good job. I remember her from black mirror very well. Nerdy computer hacker. Good character development. White trash guy: I fucking love this white trash guy. He’s my most favorite character to play white trash. He played a good nerd as well. Big fan of this guy. Well acted and turns out he can play many versatile roles. Donna: kind of underrated, but definitely part of the family. Good character development. Ups and downs. Old guy: first you didn’t like him, then increasingly you started to like him more and more. Team ups, rivalries, who are you rooting for? I don’t know. Very educational on how tech came to be. I’m pretty sure that’s exactly how it happened. Very interesting. In conclusion, wasn’t completely stoked about this show, but I think it got better and better. And you start to get attached to some of these characters and want to see how they turn out. By the end of it, you don’t regret. I might even watch it again just to see if I missed anything. Worth a watch once. https://pokergladiator.wordpress.com/

• Oct 10, 2018

The first season of Halt and Catch Fire is easily the best technology focused show I've ever seen. I was enthralled by their quest to copy the IBM BIOS and then create their own computer to compete with them, despite the fact that Cardiff Electric (which is loosely based on the real life company Compaq) wasn't even focused on the PC market before Joe walked through the door. The drama between the characters is entertaining while not overbearing, the dialogue is smartly written, the acting is great, and the show actually tackles the technical aspects of building a computer in a realistic way (they don't completely dumb it down). The story may not move at a blistering pace but it drew me in and kept my attention all the way until the season finale. If you liked Mad Men and you like technology, you'll probably like this show.

• Jul 19, 2018

good show, not sure why this is all caps. This season starts a little slow but you'll be rewarded down the road. would write more but can't stand all caps.

• Nov 05, 2017

andreesen spune ca il vede

andreesen spune ca il vede

• May 16, 2017

AMAZING! Killer storyline with very interesting characters. You'll be on the edge of your seat!

• Mar 06, 2017

This is the best of the best for any geek that has outlived the 80!

This is the best of the best for any geek that has outlived the 80!

• Nov 30, 2016

This series is sooo good and sooo addictive! The characters are wonderful with multi-faceted personalities. The acting is excellent. And the story really pulls you in. Plus I have a penchant for the tech industry of the 80s. Highly recommended! (Also there are multiple strong female leads.)

• Sep 18, 2016

Scott McNairy and Lee Pace do an amazing job playing their roles in a perfectly portrayed story of the tech industry in the 80's.

• Sep 02, 2016

Message à mes ami(e)s geeks: regardez cette série!!!!

Message à mes ami(e)s geeks: regardez cette série!!!!

• Aug 31, 2016

Interesting series since I grew up and live in the Silicon Valley, and my family has owned the very first IBM PC so everything is familiar to me. 5 1/4 floppy disks, monochrome monitors, and MS-DOS are all engraved in my memory banks. It was only a matter of time a network would make a show out of it and here it is. The acting is pretty good on the show, however I am not that excited about it. When I evaluate a show, I ask myself, is this show worth spending one hour out of your busy day to watch? And for this series I would say no. It is more of a history lesson more than anything, and it's just not that exciting.