Looking for Alaska: Season 1 Reviews

• Jun 05, 2020

It's Just AMAZING ! That's ALL.

It's Just AMAZING ! That's ALL.

• May 25, 2020

It's absolutely great and so fucking emotional 🥺

It's absolutely great and so fucking emotional 🥺

• May 16, 2020

Looking for Alaska - B+ (Memorable) Looking for Alaska is a perfect adaptation for book lovers as the story summoned up better in a series rather than a featured film. After finishing the series it reminded me about the complexities of the emotions portrayed in the book through honest performances by Charlie Plummer and Kristine Froseth. I believe Hulu did an incredible job of focusing on characters rather than making it glosser for current times. It stayed true to the story ahead of its time for YA readers by John Green 14 years ago. The issue I had with the show is Stretched out Chip/Colonel character to the point of obnoxiousness. Especially last couple of episodes, you want story to move smoothly rather than dragged on but it does feel like it dragged a bit with unnecessary dramas of Chip. As far as I remembered the story was of Miles and Alaska, chip was an important character but not as much as showed in the show. The show could be even better if was trimmed down to 6-7 episodes rather than 8 episodes. In the end, I do believe it should satisfy readers of the book who have been waiting for a very long time for this adaptation.

• May 12, 2020

I hadn't read the book so had no expectations.. It was beautifully done, with characters we can care about. I loved this series.

• May 08, 2020

Featuring an amazing performance from Charlie Plummer and an equally good ensemble of young actors, this retelling of the beloved John Green novel, hits home in every relevant manner. Every emotion is felt. The actors make every moment believable. An amazing accomplishment. A wonderfully acted, entirely believable simple story that will resonate with all. Mandatory viewing

• Apr 30, 2020

I freaking loved the show. I thought this was gonna be horrible as any other novel adaptation before watching. But things far beyond the book is depicted in a non-boring way. The acting was super cool. But I'd prefer the book.

• Apr 20, 2020

I just reread the book, and reflecting back on this series I really don't think they could have done a better job. It brings to life what was on paper, and it's beautifully made. The cinematography and the actors deserve high praise. Definitely an underrated show from 2019 for all ages, and I absolutely recommend it.

• Mar 30, 2020

Heart wrenching and poignant. Best adaptation of a YA book out all the others I have watched so far.

• Dec 29, 2019

Looking for Alaska comes just short of me saying it's a must watch, but it's a strong recommend and in any year but 2019, I'd consider it one of the year's best mini-series.

• Dec 18, 2019

Not as good as the book, but it was pretty compelling..

Not as good as the book, but it was pretty compelling..