Sharp Objects: Miniseries Reviews

• Aug 24, 2020

It was good , but it was not perfect- and I wish it was and it could have been. sense of time warping in a small town and the atmosphere were great. The fact that it was slow I liked, I did not like how fast the last episode was, though. Felt really crammed considering the previous episodes. Amy's drinking felt forced and pointless, sort of unnatural at times. It felt like it served no reason and was there to shock at times. It took a central stage , I'm not sure how I feel about it- being a drunk is a personality trait ? They presented Amma as a very cruel girl and she gave out great psycho and sociopath vibes. I would have assumed however that she killed the girls out boredom, out of revenge on her mom treating her like a doll, out of helplessness that she has no control over her life and anger towards her chained meaningless existence, rather than being jealous of the attention her mom gave to the other little girls. it would have made more sense to be honest. The relationship with her boss did no develop great- he was presented in way too monochromatic palette considering the complexity of the other characters and his general "goodness" did not stand great with me, not very convincing. The relationship between Camille and Richard felt real. There was no stupid romance, they both realized it was a hook up without any perspective at the end. They did not try to make them a thing which I appreciate and is what most often happens in life. The bipolarity of Adora was really well played and executed. At times they made it seem like she was *trying* to kill them , instead of showing her as being ill and not realizing she is killing her children, at least not on a surface-conscious level.

• Jul 29, 2020

Beautifully layered, adding contradictory and deep characters, with immaculate detail in the plot. Some criticise the series as slow, but the pace is good and allows you to invest in the characters and the great plot

• Jul 14, 2020

This show requires patience which is richly rewarded as the series progresses. The unconventional editing allows the viewer to peer into the lead role's mind and begin to understand her mental illness which was brought about through childhood trauma. A powerful, devastating portrait of small town America with an ending you will never forget. S

• May 24, 2020

Not sure how this show rated so high. It is unbelievably boring. Couldn't relate to any of the characters.

• May 15, 2020

Excellent production and cinematography, great acting, with an eerie sense of something amiss and looming. Deep characters and deep plotlines.

• May 13, 2020

Touching and intimidating at the same time in its own creative way.

Touching and intimidating at the same time in its own creative way.

• May 09, 2020

Excellent pacing. Very suspenseful. I like the play with gender and serial killers. Great portrait of small town in the south. Excellent acting.

• May 06, 2020

Exceptionnal and remarkable. I watched every episode twice before the end. It took my breath away. Fantastic cast and location. Just WOW...

• Apr 17, 2020

Incredible mini-series. A week after binging it, I still finding myself replaying some of the key scenes in my head. Very well directed, edited, and acted.

• Apr 02, 2020

this is probably my favorite thing that i have ever seen on television. i'm currently rewatching it in 2020 because i love it so much. sharp objects is a compelling and captivating murder mystery/thriller that is well worth your time. as someone who read and throughly enjoyed gillian flynn's "sharp objects" i was incredibly happy with this screen adaptation. the story is for the most part completely in line with the text. the only differences i had noticed were the addition of the calhoun day event and the mental hospital stay with the young roommate, alice. the rehab visit explains the significance of the led zeppelin songs camille listens to in her car, i'm also a huge led zeppelin fan so i appreciated this detail. i really liked the direction the writers/directors went in and these additions to the story. the actors in this show display expert performances portraying these dark, complicated characters. the story is brilliant and unique. sharp objects is dark, thrilling and the ending will most definitely surprise you. the cinematography is stunning and the soundtrack is excellent. patricia clarksons performance as adora is creepy and cold. amy adams' commitment to her character is obvious and her performance will break your heart. even though i was familiar with the story, i found every scene gripping. in conclusion, this series is a truly epic and masterful work of art thanks to many talented people. i've heard rumors of a 2nd season and i actually do not want that to happen because it is perfect as is. if a second season is released, i will certainly follow it, i just think it's unnecessary and i would hate for this perfect series to be ruined.