The Wire: Season 2 Reviews

• Aug 02, 2019

I love love love this season. Ziggy, Frank, Nicky, the Greek, Prop Joe, it all ties together so beautiful I was literally sad that it ended. I've watched this season so many times and will again.

• Jun 29, 2019

Probably my favourite season, even though when I watched it first time round I didn't think much of it, expecting a direct follow-on from S1. But then I realised the show isn't just about the drug lords and their territories, but how drugs and political corruption affects ordinary people trying to make a crust on the streets of Baltimore. Absolutely outstanding in every conceivable way!

• Mar 27, 2019

Ziggy is insufferable and has too much screen time. was able to finish the season because I knew there was a season 3 awaiting me.

• Feb 13, 2019

Keeping up with the same great writing as series one and a different aspect on how to create the sting. Wonderful TV

• Jul 17, 2017

Season 2 keeps it fresh by exploring a different part of Baltimore, while weaving in some of the old.

• Sep 11, 2016

Great sequel after a good first season. I like the mood of that port environment.

• Jun 17, 2016

Anybody that has seen it, Loves it! Great actors, showing the drug dealers, the attics, the cops, politics and the press point of view in hbo epic crime drama based in bodymore murderland.

• Sep 06, 2015

Following up from season one, now also the industrial side is being brought into the series, by following the workers at the docks. Here criminal elements are involved as the drug line are coming in with the boats. Though a container of dead girls will get the attention of the police. This is the best The Wire season. The cast is incredible, Stringer Bell, Vondas, Frank Sobotka, McNaulty & Bunk, Lester Freemon.

• Aug 18, 2015

The final episode pulled no punches, which helps balance out how the second season never seemed to reach the heights of the first.

• Francisco G Super Reviewer
    Jan 25, 2015

Things take a shakespearean turn on Season 2. This is a more traditional story-telling of the fall of a family that made some very bad decisions over the years and we get to witness the downfall, right when it starts. There are not many surprises to be had here and I found the shift to be a bit too hard. Things would be much well balanced on later seasons, where the switch from different ambients would work flawlessly, but here, the impact is too big and the story not too engaging. However, the rest remains intact: the attention to detail, the grim ambient, the top-notch acting; whilst giving us a better understanding of how this trade works and how it brutally affects everything around it.