The Pacific: Miniseries Reviews

• Oct 27, 2021

The Pacific is even more visceral than its not-so-distant HBO relative, Band of Brothers. However, once again HBO produces a war miniseries with excellent cinematography and some gripping stories. The Pacific suffers from a few subplots that, while, watchable, fail to draw interest away from the main storylines, as well as a host of characters that don't quite measure up to the high standards BoB originally set.

• Aug 27, 2021

A few episodes drag themselves out on the second watch. But I still remember how much I cried during one death especially. And I did feel sort of the same way again after 6 years (at least 5) I think has it been since I last watched it. So yes for the budget they had definitely a good one.

• Aug 03, 2021

Made by Americans for Americans to feel good about being American. Another spiel from Speilberg which is one dimensional, extremely transparent propoganda about how Americans and America saved the world in world world war 2. Really boring past the 1st episode and untolerable from 3rd.

• Jun 14, 2021

An exceptional companion piece to Band of Brothers. This miniseries is only occasionally let down by it's writing and structure. Still, a powerful viewing experience.

• Nov 22, 2020

This WW2 miniseries was very good. James Badge Dale, Joseph Mazzello, Jon Seda, Rami Malek, Ashton Holmes, and the rest of the cast did a spectacular job in this miniseries. Tom Hanks did a spectacular job on directing this miniseries as well. This true story about the fight in the Pacific during WW2 was very intense, dramatic, and action-packed. It's about defeating the enemy and fighting to survive. If you haven't seen this miniseries yet, check it out sometime. It's a must see.

• Nov 17, 2020

Like Band of Brothers, this is fantastic. HBO really knows how to make top notch mini series about true events....

• Mar 03, 2019

In my opinion The Pacific is by the far best production ever depicting the pacific theater during WW2. Everything about the miniseries is superb. Itâ??s in all encompassing in that fact it doesnâ??t just show you what went on during the battles. It protrays the reaction of allied forgein countries to the American troops on leave (Austrailia). The mental issues created by devastating warfare and the long periods of boredom juxtaposed with instant terror. I personally think The Pacific is just as good as Band of Brothers (itâ??s companion piece in some ways and surpasses it in others.

• Nov 30, 2018

This mini-series was amazing! I love it an it is a little getter than

This mini-series was amazing! I love it an it is a little getter than

• Oct 23, 2018

Stunning. Shows the true horrors of war and what it can do to people!!! A must see for all!!!!

• Aug 04, 2018

GReat presPectice on the STRUGGLE, Sacrafise, and suFferage MeN like pfc Eugene Sledge veteran of Okinawa and peleliu. Pfc Robert Leckie veteran of Guadalcanal, New Britan, and peleliu. And my favorite Character merriell “Snafu” shelton a Cajun born to fight and to be a bad ass. A run off Band of Brothers and iF You like Band Of Brothers yOu will fAll in Love wiTh the pacific