Togetherness: Season 2 Reviews

• Jun 25, 2017

I guess it's a little more consistent than last season, but I didn't like the first half as much as the last season. The second half was really good though, and the seventh episode is my favorite episode of the series. I agree with the critics, because this season did seem to be less funny. The series finale was fine too. Overall I guess I did enjoy the series enough.

• May 12, 2017

Under the radar indie charmer ends prematurely with a lot more story left to be told. Mumblecore veterans Duplass brothers created such a wonderfully understated series that it feels criminal that it had to end early while a lot of junk series keep on getting renewal. This is mature and deliberately paced slice of life urban comedy drama at its best. I have deducted half a star for the misguided glorification of the US charter schools.

• Feb 02, 2017

All of the characters in this show are annoying

All of the characters in this show are annoying

• Apr 18, 2016

This season really built upon Season 1 and seemed to be moving along well.. only to be canceled mid-season. Hoping they stream a Season 3 elsewhere, as they left two pretty big cliffhangers that could really fuel the show for another two seasons.

• Apr 12, 2016

Though Togetherness Season 2 ends very abruptly and predictably it overall is a great season that shows the consequences the broken family must deal with as well as changing up some of the dynamics and expanding on some seen in Season 1 but is also much more heavily dramatic than the 1st season and though the show did end rapidly because of it's impromptu cancelation it does end in a satisfying enough way to give the series full closure and will be remembered as one of the most realistic portrayals of a family on TV. Overall Grade of the Season: A

Sylvester K Super Reviewer
    Apr 12, 2016

One of the best acting ever seen, Togetherness continues its relatable storyline with some more amazing writing and direction, though it felt short on the laughs compare to season 1

• Apr 10, 2016

In light of the recent news that HBO will not be renewing Togetherness for a third season, there's a bittersweet sense looming over this review as it's a marked improvement over the first one. This season continues to find its characters struggling with their lives, but it also makes them more affable, and their moments of success give real glee to the viewers. Perhaps sensing that the end was near for their series, The Duplass Brothers wrap things up very nicely in the finale too, settling all plot threads and giving viewers a feel-good ending that avoids being maudlin. It's certainly disappointing to hear that this strong series won't be back next year, but there's no doubt that Mark and Jay Duplass will be quick to start work on another project of equal quality.

• Mar 10, 2016

This is definitely one of the most "human" shows on TV. When people ask me what it's about, I tell them it's about what it's like to be a person in this world haha. Real likable people with real problems. And to explore those problems in honest and interesting ways. It's funny as shit too. I highly recommend watching all episodes in the season together at once.

• Mar 08, 2016

The complaint has been out there for years that men do not write for women very well. Well the Duplass brothers don't know how to write men. By that I mean that they write such weak willed, uptight, morose, barely alive, male characters that they could hardly be described as men. They write men with the testosterone levels of a depressed, alcoholic 1st grader. It should be referred to as "Togetherness" due to the assimilation of these males into the female gender so that we may all be one... a Female Borg society,"Together". The wife is begging the husband to be more of a man in the bedroom..."But how?" his subcontext cries through his ineptitude although she draws him a map more precise than google earth. Sorry poor "male" character...the only way you will learn how to be a man is to be written by a woman next time., or at least not by the Duplass Brothers.

• Mar 08, 2016

One of the best shows I ever watched !!

One of the best shows I ever watched !!