Oliver Twist - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oliver Twist Reviews

October 3, 2016
Love this novel very much ! Can't wait to see the movie ! And it is impressive that the actors and actress done so well , I love all of the Charles Dickens `s books, but it is my favourite one !
May 11, 2016
It does have some problems like it's editing and pacing I don't think flows very well. but it looks nice, and pretty well acted.
December 28, 2015
Interesting take on a classic
August 20, 2015
Are there better version ....maybe but not with the style and cinematic beauty of this version.
February 17, 2015
good version of the oft told Dicken's tale
½ December 26, 2014
Roman Polanski's version of Charles Dicken's Oliver Twist is a instant classic, beautifully old-fashioned, visually satisfied and fine story telling of Oliver's poignancy and innocence.
June 22, 2014
Interesting movie adapted from the famous book of same name. Nicely directed by Roman Polanski. Full of suspense.
May 7, 2014
A remake movie using set in classic british. Identic of Polanski style, we used to be familliar with. Not special but still worth to watch.
April 19, 2014
I've never seen this but it sounds like the sort of thing Polanski should be able to do in his sleep.
½ February 26, 2014
Oliver Twist (Barney Clark) is a young orphan in Victorian England who has been sent to a dank workhouse run by the miserly Mr. Bumble (Jeremy Swift) when it is learned there is no one to care for him. When Oliver dares to ask for more gruel, he is sent away to live with an undertaker, who treats him poorly. This movie is dark and very cruel at times with it's plot. the acting is fine and the all film as this grey and dirty look to it that lacks the film down for me.
September 26, 2013
The year of this title listed as 1999 must be wrong
July 29, 2013
Out of the 15+ versions of this movie, this was the first Oliver Twist that I've seen. I liked the touch of class and realism.. plus the story is really rich -- then again, what else can you expect from classic author Charles Dickens? :) Climax was a bit lacking though, but I didn't expect the 'suicidal hang' part so I'll give it 3 stars :) P.S. The relationship between Oliver and Fagin was surprisingly sentimental :))
July 16, 2013
Cruel and dark, but why should it not be?
February 8, 2013
First this is the 2005 Oliver Twist and second it was a bit short and rapid
½ January 9, 2013
Pretty darn good actually...I don't know how it compares to the Lean version...but this version is pretty amazing.
January 6, 2013
This was certainly a nicely made and somewhat thoughtful production. Lots of new faces, which added to the realism and supported the fact that neither I nor anyone else was actually there when the Charles DIckens story was conceived. But is it obligatory in all Victorian dramas to have a random old lady played by Liz Smith? I kept expecting Ricky Tomlinson to be sat in her cottage front room. Yep, this Production should have just gone the full commercial hog and got Tom Hanks to play Bill Sykes.
January 4, 2013
Very refreshing adaptation.
January 1, 2013
one of the best adaptations our there. real character representation. i loved it
December 7, 2012
Abandoned at an early age, Oliver Twist is forced to live in a workhouse lorded over by the awful Mr. Bumble, who cheats the boys of their meager rations.
November 20, 2012
loved it, I thought it was a great movie, but I still think the original Oliver is the best, it was directed by Roman Polanski, it starred Ben Kingsley, Barney Clark and Jamie Foreman