Interview - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Interview Reviews

½ May 24, 2016
Excellent acting, minimalist production (efficient, hence profitable). Confusing ending for some viewers?
July 26, 2015
Awful. Boring and trying hard to be important as if some Tennessee Williams lost masterpiece. Goes no where and says nothing.
May 13, 2015
easily watchable and amusingly interesting, an I ending to ruins it.
November 6, 2014
Amusing little film. Well done chaps and chapettes.
½ July 29, 2014
Much better than I believed it would be in the beginning. Worth a watch. Love Steve Buscemi.
January 22, 2013
Quiet little film where Buscemi gets to shine. Sadly, Sienna's character sounds like a man wrote her and the film drags in places as it feels like a stage play. The ending also leaves you a bit hanging, but I think that's the point. Overall, interesting little film.
½ January 1, 2013
i liked this a lot, so many unanswered questions at the end too! and steve buscemi is just so fantastic.
December 7, 2012
Interview
Synopsis: After falling out with his editor, a fading political journalist (Buscemi) is forced to interview America's most popular soap actress (Miller).
Starring: Jackson Loo, Molly Griffith, Robert Hines, Sienna Miller, Steve Buscemi, Tara Elders
Directed by: Steve Buscemi
hunterjt13
½ November 18, 2012
A former political reporter interviews a soap opera actress.
Largely a two-hander, Interview features strong performances by the two leads, writer/director Steve Buscemi and Sienna Miller. The chemistry between the two actors is strong, and Miller, especially, is able to find nuances in the banal.
The script's pace seems off. It's hard to hold a film audience's interest with only two characters and a single set, and when the camera should be moving, it isn't and vice versa. Buscemi isn't a great director, but he gives himself and Miller plenty of freedom, which saves the film from becoming too trivial and claustrophobic.
Overall, this film is decent and worth seeing if only for the leading actors.
August 28, 2012
This Buscemi- directed film has a certain film stage-play quality to it, and while the sparring kind of feels like it goes in circles at times, it's still a very watchable little film. The reporter who thinks he's better than the tabloid fodder story he's been assigned spends an evening verbally sparring with his subject in an effort to reveal something of substance even as she tries to dig into his life for reasons of her own.

Worth a rental, good call for fans of indie film.
June 19, 2012
As long as you are fine watching Steve Buscemi and Sienna Miller bicker back and forth for an hour and 24 minutes your just fine. The ending however is sudden and the twist has no real impact.
June 12, 2012
Meh. Not very convincing, but interesting, I guess.
May 16, 2012
J'aime bien. Simple et bien.
½ May 11, 2012
This was a very weird, interesting, disjointing little 90 minute two person movie.
April 7, 2012
The real gem of this film is discovering Sienna Miller. Beautiful and smart she handles her role her with a lot of sass and depth. My main problem with the film itself is that that conversation doesnt feel real... it feels written. Handled well by Miller and Buscehi but still ultimately with a canned vibe. The cat and mouse game is fun, but it's difficult to follow since you never know what is real or bullshit. Nice ending. I will definately be interested to see where Miller's career goes. Was it me or was she trying to look exactly like Jessica Simpson?
February 29, 2012
A really wonderful exhibition of acting. It's a stage play more than a film, but it's great.
January 17, 2012
Totally engrossing, intense. Thanks for the recommendation, ma!
December 5, 2011
Thank you ASDA bargain bucket, that was £2 well spent, getting to stare at Sienna Miller for 90 minutes, and blow me down if she aint a damn good actress too! I love films like this where there are just two characters in the whole film, like Tape (with Uma T and Ethan H). These two make you laugh-out-loud, squirm when it gets uncomfortable, and annoy you when it ends, what more could you ask for 2 english pounds
December 2, 2011
Interesting but rather pointless.