Passengers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Passengers Reviews

September 8, 2017
Interesting movie but half-way through the ending became predictable. There were also too many loose ends that were left unresolved. Anne Hathaway and Patrick Wilson did a great job acting even though the script and plot was subpar.
½ June 24, 2017
Hathaway plays the world's worst therapist in a film so lethargic and boring I felt in need of therapy myself at the end.
June 4, 2017
im dissapointed...i was awating a better movie.But anne s performance was acceptable.shes getting better in every movie she acts.
April 24, 2017
Just watched this randomly on netflix, because it was a high percentage match. And with their crap new rating system, I can't pre-empt whether or not a film could be good or crap.

Anyway it started of kinda slow and ended in pure nonsense.
it was shot well I guess.
April 9, 2017
Interesting film and wow the ending!
March 17, 2017
Rodrigo García, el talentoso director e hijo del escritor Gabriel García Márquez, nos presenta una fábula de corte sobrenatural que busca que apreciemos ese corto momento que tenemos en la tierra al cual llamamos vida. Si los escritores de "Lost" hubieran pensado en un final para su serie parecido al de "Passengers", hubiera quedado satisfecho. Sin embargo, su enfoque psicoanalítico está mucho mejor logrado en la serie de García "In Treatment" que en esta cinta. No se puede tener todo en la vida.
½ February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
½ January 22, 2017
Weird, kinda entertaining tho
December 4, 2016
Grief counselor (Anne Hathaway) begins to suspect foul play when the six airplane crash survivors she is tending to mysteriously begin to disappear and the truth behind the tragedy grows ever more clouded
July 5, 2016
The twist in the story is far less intriguing than the fact that Patrick Wilson could be Paul Newman's double!
½ May 9, 2016
Hathaway keeps things afloat for the most part, but I really wasn't sure what I was watching most of the time. There was no real plot course. It kept me interested enough to see the ending that the whole script was written around, but a year from now I wont even remember watching any of it.
April 1, 2016
Very disappointed in this, I won't say what happens other than it tries to copy a film in it's shock but it didn't hide it as well and was expected.
½ February 6, 2016
What started out as a potential thriller ended up being something much more inane and idiotic. Probably just a vehicle aimed at the male gaze casting Anne Hathaway as a supposed PhD Psychiatrist though she looks awfully young to be a post graduate successful psychiatrist but then the heterosexual male audience won't care now will they?
September 15, 2015
No matter how movies one might see, this one made me part of it
½ September 9, 2015
"Passengers" manages to not be interesting, thrilling, scary, suspenseful nor surprising and these are the things it pretends and tries to show but overall it was just a lame, weak copy of a certain M. Night Shyamalan movie.
August 3, 2015
Works more as a drama than an actual thriller, the concept in Passengers is a truly interesting one, but gets lost along the way
½ July 15, 2015
I see dead people. that is all I can say.
March 4, 2015
The pacing in this movie was uneven and rushed. I did not find any plausible chemistry between Anne and Patrick. It is true that therapists do, sometimes, violate their code of ethics but her walking into the "recovery room" where Eric is disrobed was rushing things, don't you think? Any sense of real suspense was ruined with such gags as the newspaper in the face scene. I laughed out loud at this. Grimaced through the rest of the movie, though. Bad, bad, bad!
February 22, 2015
y siempre termino llorando....
½ January 8, 2015
Not a masterpiece but a good movie. Some of the story threads eventually feel pointless and a bit far fetched. Some of the ideas are very nice, but there's IMHO not enough clues scattered to make the final twists seem solid and logical. You'll buy the explanations and accept them, but it feels like it could've been made better. Also some of the topics were very interesting - and in the end they are just some filler material. Also, it's hard to really fall for the characters, they seem not well developed (which is okay and even kind of explained, but still...).

Way better than I expected after reading other reviews here haha