Passengers - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Passengers Reviews

July 5, 2016
The twist in the story is far less intriguing than the fact that Patrick Wilson could be Paul Newman's double!
½ May 9, 2016
Hathaway keeps things afloat for the most part, but I really wasn't sure what I was watching most of the time. There was no real plot course. It kept me interested enough to see the ending that the whole script was written around, but a year from now I wont even remember watching any of it.
April 1, 2016
Very disappointed in this, I won't say what happens other than it tries to copy a film in it's shock but it didn't hide it as well and was expected.
½ February 6, 2016
What started out as a potential thriller ended up being something much more inane and idiotic. Probably just a vehicle aimed at the male gaze casting Anne Hathaway as a supposed PhD Psychiatrist though she looks awfully young to be a post graduate successful psychiatrist but then the heterosexual male audience won't care now will they?
September 15, 2015
No matter how movies one might see, this one made me part of it
½ September 9, 2015
"Passengers" manages to not be interesting, thrilling, scary, suspenseful nor surprising and these are the things it pretends and tries to show but overall it was just a lame, weak copy of a certain M. Night Shyamalan movie.
August 3, 2015
Works more as a drama than an actual thriller, the concept in Passengers is a truly interesting one, but gets lost along the way
½ July 15, 2015
I see dead people. that is all I can say.
March 4, 2015
The pacing in this movie was uneven and rushed. I did not find any plausible chemistry between Anne and Patrick. It is true that therapists do, sometimes, violate their code of ethics but her walking into the "recovery room" where Eric is disrobed was rushing things, don't you think? Any sense of real suspense was ruined with such gags as the newspaper in the face scene. I laughed out loud at this. Grimaced through the rest of the movie, though. Bad, bad, bad!
February 22, 2015
y siempre termino llorando....
½ January 8, 2015
Not a masterpiece but a good movie. Some of the story threads eventually feel pointless and a bit far fetched. Some of the ideas are very nice, but there's IMHO not enough clues scattered to make the final twists seem solid and logical. You'll buy the explanations and accept them, but it feels like it could've been made better. Also some of the topics were very interesting - and in the end they are just some filler material. Also, it's hard to really fall for the characters, they seem not well developed (which is okay and even kind of explained, but still...).

Way better than I expected after reading other reviews here haha
January 2, 2015
A not to shabby drama mystery movie altho i had expectations for more thriller at first. After a plane crash strange things starts to happen.. a decent story. A few famous actors aswell but under their average standard i would say. Anyway worth seeing flick.
November 29, 2014
great plane crash turn in to bad storyline and pathetic love movie and fucktard afterlife theory.
November 16, 2014
Jossain vaiheessa tajusin että oon nähny tän leffan aikasemminkin, mutta siltikään en muistanut elokuvan yllättävää loppukäännettä, hmmm...
September 15, 2014
Enjoyable thriller of a trauma counselor trying to help the survivors of a plane crash. Soon the survivors start to go missing and this opens up a huge conspiracy. Anne Hathaway and Patrick Wilson are quite good, and really help to bring the mystery and make it feel real.
½ July 20, 2014
If you don't watch a lot of thriller movies with twists, this movie might surprise you. Personally, I kept watching because I really liked the soundtrack. I was sort of disappointed at the end, I would have liked the actual plot to have been the plot.
May 11, 2014
wasnt as good as i thought.. it's like broken pieces... n watching near the end.. u could have already guessed what the ending would be.....
May 1, 2014
Intrigant mais prévisible
½ April 7, 2014
Pretty decent movie. Fairly sad, somewhat interesting premise, kinda poor ending, with so-so performances from its cast.
½ February 11, 2014
One of those movies that thinks it´s smarter than it really is. It was supposed to be a psychological thriller, but I could predict the twist ending from the beginning. Also, too much time is spent with an uninteresting romantic relationship, instead of focusing on the mysterious situation. This type of film has been done before and way better.