The Women - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Women Reviews

March 18, 2017
It's watchable, but it's pretty bad. Say you had a group of g/f's over, you could watch it b/c it doesn't really matter if you pay attention, the plot kinda wonky, it's more of a glossy commercial for hair pieces, houses and clothes than anything else.
March 7, 2017
Amusing. Entertaining. Lovely cast of strong women.
½ January 7, 2017
For having all women in the film, women writing and directing this piece, you'd think they wouldn't validly write women in such broad cliche strokes. Totally meaningless.
January 3, 2017
The 1930s original probably feels more cutting-edge than this re-do.
½ June 27, 2016
Way to ruin something that the 1930s never broke!
½ February 1, 2016
One of the very worst films of 2008 - makes the mediocre "Sex and the City" look masterful, sharp and fresh.
½ August 28, 2015
Oh god don't get me started on this shit. It's so bad I felt compelled to write a huge review about the film on RYM. If ever there was a claim for too much art in the world, I would put this forward as a prime candidate to be eliminated first.
August 15, 2015
In the beginning it looks like it's gonna be a talk talk talk movie , it was a bit but when comes out that Mary's husband sheet her with Crystal the story went a bit better . Anette Bening was a terrible caracter in this one !!! SOMDVD
July 21, 2015
I really enjoyed the relationships and friendships that were developed and followed throughout the movie.
June 18, 2015
This was an okay film, with good characters. I struggle thru one hour of the movie, after I understood it. This had some of the good looking ladies. Sometimes I thought they over acted in the film, but at the end it ended with an interesting point to understand. So for this being an okay film and mostly the whole point is told to a women and its reffer to a women, I give "The Women" a C.
May 6, 2015
Even though I haven't seen the original, I don't think this remake is deserving of all its bad reviews. The women ARE types, but they represent all the different complexities of women, for better or worse: the woman who tries to be everything (Mary), the woman who IS everything until she isn't (Sylvie), the woman who knows everything and shares it (Tanya), the woman who knows everything and hides it (Edie and Catherine), the woman who observes everything and just laughs (Alex), and the woman who wants everything just because (Crystal).

That last motivation for the ostensible villain is admittedly weak, but the rest of the movie isn't so much rah-rah woman-power, but just woman-life without posturing, cattiness, or easy choices.
April 15, 2015
I really like this movie & I love the cast. There's nothing spectacular about it though aside from fact that there isn't a single man in it but it is a good fluff type/cute chick flick.
½ March 15, 2015
I love the original version better than this updated one, but I still liked it. The cast, Like the original, is entirely comprised of only women, but what an All-star cast !!! Meg Ryan, Annette Benning, Jada Pinkett-Smith, Debra Messing, Eva Mendes, Better Midler, Candice Bergen... wow! Watch it with the BFF and pinky swear to be better friends. Thanks for reading. Enjoy!
½ January 17, 2015
Fun movie but not the best. Jada Pinkett Smith was hot, funny and great in the movie. Fun girl flick.
½ December 25, 2014
There's nothing particularly great about the story; woman gets cheated on, and spends the rest of the movie trying to find herself. And the characters feel more silly than real. But I'll applaud the movie at least for its full female cast. Even a movie this uninspired can be enjoyable on the basis of all female faces and voices.
½ December 8, 2014
It was ok and different. Funny? Not really.
December 5, 2014
Not bad movie but not the best.
August 3, 2014
Presumably this film is meant to be an empowering tale of female solidarity without the need for men. It's full of one dimensional women, talking about men and conforming wonderfully to stock female stereotypes. I would rather set my face n fire and put it out with a fork than ever have to watch this again.
½ June 8, 2014
This was a disgusting movie. Surprising to see racism in a 20th century movie.