Carrie - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Carrie Reviews

October 16, 2017
The one that started it all, 1976's Carrie is a chilling drama that holds up to this day.
Score: 8.8/10
½ October 11, 2017
A visceral, intense film that burns itself in your memory.
October 9, 2017
This film was hard to watch, in a very DePalma great way. The dreamy filmmaking is well suited to the novel, I think King's books require cinematic skill to bring the films to life. I love DePalmas choices here and the haunting score just grabs you at every corner. I had seen the remake or reboot, whatever you wanted to call it and it was disappointing to say the least. I just like realism DePalma brings to the film, it's well acted and he treats the story with straight face respect. I'm going to revisit a lot of his films and Kings as well. The haunting central performance is what gives this film substance, the mother and daughter relationship is gripping. This is right up there with King adaptations and you would be hard pressed to find another film quite like this. 09-10-2017.
September 21, 2017
Powerfully acted and shot to perfection, Brian De Palma's Carrie is a terrifying real look at what happens when bullying is pushed too far. Sissy Spacek's haunting portrayal of one of Stephen King's most famous characters is all the more haunting thanks to the famous prom night scene
September 21, 2017
Masterpiece. Two remakes failed to overcome this iconic horror film.
½ September 16, 2017
If 'Carrie' has moments of exploitation taste and does not resemble to some other De Palma works, it also has an efficient eerie feel that's essential in any respectable Stephen King adaptation. It has multiple layers, being not merely a horror film, but a film about bullying, a film about hatred and religious extremism which visually is at the height of the expectations. Still, 'Carrie' is neither my favorite De Palma nor King movie, perhaps because of its supernatural source material.
½ September 13, 2017
Not bad:) The effects are a little cheesy but considering that it was filmed 41 years ago the acting is nice. The blood looks really fake. But it is a classic so anyone that loves classics will like this movie.
September 11, 2017
Everything about this movie is PERFECT!
½ September 10, 2017
Puntaje original: 7.0

Una historia envolvente, reflexiva y conmovedora, con una incisiva crítica a la super-opresión religiosa convirtiendo a Carrie en un enigmático film del cine.
September 10, 2017
Carrie is a 1970's time capsule, but it's effectivenesss has not waned since its release. It's heartbreaking, sad, and sometimes very scary even when it's not overtly scary. It's all about juxtaposition, I suppose. De Palma, with slick camerawork and direction, tells a human story. Also very classy of Brian De Palma to sneak the Psycho music in. I have ears, you sly dog!
September 8, 2017
They are gonna laugh at you...
September 3, 2017
Sissy Spacek gives a must see and DePalma does King right.
September 2, 2017
10 out of 10:

Suspenseful, terrifying, and tragic, Carrie manages to be well acted and directed.
½ August 12, 2017
I do like the idea of Stephen King multi-verse. all the movies are their own worlds were other stories connect, and the "dark tower" is supposed to separate and protect them all from this "dark outer realm" that these creatures that infest and,plague most of the king stories example: the mist, it, the stand etc. but because of the man in black "who by the way is Randall flag" is attacking the towers and letting these monsters slip into those worlds. And that is why Pennywise the dancing clown is actually a giant spider. Our heroes with the "shining" ability like Carrie have been put through out king's stories to help protect the the dark tower. I would have liked these movies to have put more emphasis on that. possibly leading to a much larger story.
July 29, 2017
Despite the slow pace everything pays off in the end. Giving us one of the most disturbing prom scene's ever made.
July 28, 2017
"Carrie" is at times riducoulsly funny, when it exploits the insanity amongs its stars, but it also succedes in being a satanic afterparty towards the end.
July 18, 2017
An absolute classic and it truly leaves you in suspense for what will happen next. Highly recommended
½ July 9, 2017
Stephen King story about a girl who only discovers she has telekinetic powers after being bullied relentlessly by the kids at her school and by her overbearing mother. Really well done by De Palma.
½ July 1, 2017
It will haunt you, but at the same time there are so many details left out.
June 20, 2017
This story has your heart breaking for the main, young girl. The awkward teenage years is clearly portrayed in this movie, but adding the horrifying twist, makes it engaging.
Will admit, the ending had left me with a couple questions but once they were answered, everything made sense.