Dracula - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Dracula Reviews

½ October 4, 2017
A great classic, I remember watching this when I was a teenager. It still deserves all the attention you can give it.
½ October 2, 2017
This classic movie still has a few moments worth remembering. It has a style to it that I quite enjoyed watching. It isn't always as captivating as I would have hoped it to be, but it is still a movie worth watching at least once.
September 19, 2017
I am Dracula, I bid your welcome!
½ August 10, 2017
Though this vampire horror film is really rather tame by today's standards and production wise it isn't all that effective I can certainly see the influence on future films that it had which was interesting. It also has a great lead performance by Bela Lugosi, it has a creepy and unnerving atmosphere, the sets are decent and the supporting cast are good enough.
½ June 30, 2017
With its Gothic atmosphere and creepy performances by Bela Lugosi and Dwight Frye, Dracula remains a horror movie classic.
June 23, 2017
This movie is super dated and hammy by todays standard, but this is still seen as a classic movie and the best part of the movie is Bela Lugosi's performance. It really feel like he loves every moment he's playing this character.
June 17, 2017
May not scare the pants of the modern movie goer who are used to gore of Saw or the supernatural thrills of Paranormal Activity but watching this film nearly a hundred years after it's release I can see why it scared the trousers off people in early parts of last century. Movie magic was all practical back then. I do love CGI but I love seeing how early filmmakers pulled the wool over the audience's eyes.
June 13, 2017
Not the same as the original story from Bram Stroker, but that doesn't distract it from how brilliant it plays out!
June 9, 2017
Creepy, scary, psychotic, but it made me keep watching. Bela Lugosi's iconic Dracula will be remembered for a long time. At least in my mind he will.
June 8, 2017
This Is My Favorite Film Adaptation Of Bram Stoker's Novel.
May 15, 2017
130421: Bela Lugosi & Van Sloan are awesome. I've always loved this film and still do.
May 3, 2017
Classic Vampire Film. Amazing that this film is almost 90 years old!
January 8, 2017
Classic that needs to be seen
January 1, 2017
From the start up the hill to the castle in Transylvania, Universal's classic tale of Dracula is able to carve a lasting impact in Hollywood cinema. Although the liberties taken from Bram Stoker's novel seems to sacrifice story and character development for horrific atmosphere, a lot of the sets are a wonder to behold, and when Dracula and Renfield are on screen together it's strong chemistry at its near finest. And there are many subtle bits that make you feel chills over your spine. Through it all, we deal with the terror the vampire can do through Bela Lugosi's performance, moments of suspense left unseen, and the classic lines. This is truly movie about a vampire who happens to cause terror by blood count, but in a elegant manner that contrasts other horror icons that come later. For its reason, the movie stands out and remains timeless, and enjoyable for many a horror film buff like myself.
December 2, 2016
Creates a very creepy atmosphere and Bela Lugosi is the vampire archetype for the ages.
November 26, 2016
A clever, and creepy movie. Bella Lugosi is so creepy in this movie. He was the perfect choice for the role. The rest of the cast was great, and the suspense is fantastic.
½ November 4, 2016
Some skilled camerawork, but it's a very dated movie with poor storytelling. It wasn't very stimulating for a horror movie, although that is probably in many ways due to when it was made. Bela Lugosi was the right choice for Dracula though. (First and only viewing - 11/4/2016)
October 31, 2016
10 out of 10:

The memorable performances, the creepy and eerie story, and well directed film truly makes Dracula one of the classics that will live forever.
October 27, 2016
½ October 26, 2016
8.4/10, 10-26-2016.

Original rating: 6/10, circa December 2012.