Planet of the Apes - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Planet of the Apes Reviews

½ April 7, 2017
When we don't know what we will stumble into when we explore this vast galaxy. When we know we have stumbled into a world far what we know. When we know we have stumbled into a world where man is no longer dominant and another species is. When others know we are far superior then other species like us to stumble upon that we share in the same qualities of knowledge and emotion that bring us together. When we refuse to know that faith and science will bring us together when we stumble upon history thst devided us. When we know such things we don't stumble on but told be don't believe. when we know we have to stumble upon out of here secretly. When we know is based on what we stumble upon when history and proof show that others faith and science were wrong and ours were right to know we are dominant and undeserving of being treated like a far unsupervised species. When we know that what we stumble upon we can't let out to cover all & never let it be known as fact, faith, science or history when dominance is at stake. When what we stumbled upon we know we never really stumbled upon when we never left when we stumbled back home in a different time to know we caused our own fall and stumbling of our own dominance, faith, science, fact and history.
March 31, 2017
The BEST one in the franchise!! Planet Of The Apes (1968) is phenomenally perfect in every way shape of form. It has incredible acting Charlton Heston, Roddy McDowall, Kim Hunter and much more. It gets very interesting, entertaining, and PERFECT throughout the whole entire film. I give it a 98%.
March 26, 2017
A very good and funny movie!
February 8, 2017
Entertaining, if not a bit dated, sci-fi outing that I finally caught in its entirety. Still wasn't prepared to see the Statue of Liberty until the very end. Female passenger who passed away in flight seems to have fared the best of all four astronauts.
January 26, 2017
Possibly the most intellectual film of its time, Planet of the Apes is filled with almost ambiguous social and political commentary.
½ January 19, 2017
Planet of the Apes provokes thought on many subjects while providing amazement on a visual and narrative level.
January 11, 2017
I'm sure it was a revolutionary idea at the time but now the movie looks and feels outdated.
½ December 8, 2016
Part of my time travel film journey. Obviously a classic and a very thought provoking film
December 2, 2016
A true classic. The original and best of the Apes film franchise. Linda Harrison is amazing.
November 20, 2016
Great film! Absolute classic. It is very dated but it is so interesting and the story will keep you hooked!
½ November 7, 2016
I wouldn't say that Planet of the Apes is the bullet-proof philosophical masterpiece everyone says it is. It gets many things right, but misses its redemption message by a longshot. Yet as simple entertainment for anyone who just wants to shut their brain off for two hours, this triumphs. The thrills never stop in this lonely environment that sets the feeling of danger right from the opening monologue. It is astonishing and discomforting to see humans being treated like wild animals in cages, and compelling to see how these men and apes interact with a complete role reversal.
October 30, 2016
Charlton Heston es uno de sus papeles mas notorios de su carrera, en una de las peliculas mas destacadas de los 60s. A destacar la memorable secuencia final.
October 19, 2016
As much a socio-political allegory as it is a sci-fi adventure, "Planet of the Apes" is one of those smart B-movies that's still relevant today.
September 19, 2016
It's hard to determine what makes a movie so good. Action, quotability, visually stunning? This movie has all of it. It's become a treasured piece of pop culture and cinema history and it is totally deserved. It's also an example of scifi at its best. It deals with themes such as; racism, classism, religious intolerance, war, animal rights, and science denial. Not bad for a film in which Charlton Heston yells at guys in monkey makeup.
August 28, 2016
Nothing compares to the original.
July 25, 2016
Planet of the Apes has the deepest depth of political and moral subtext a motion picture has ever achieved. It's just...excellent.
July 25, 2016
A pretty bad movie starting with the one-note acting from Charleton Heston and a lack of appeal from his character in general. The first half hour is slow and tries too hard to disorient the viewer and afterwards it just becomes repetitive before an awkward ending ensues.
July 24, 2016
The original is the best. love watching these originals as a little kid, still love watching them as an adult.
½ July 15, 2016
Una obra interesante de la ciencia ficción que resulta ser intrigante, creativa y emocionante.