The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Reviews

December 7, 2016
I love this horror movie it's a classic I love the gore the screaming the aggressiveness in this flim really realistic too
November 11, 2016
Thanks to a realistic approach and subtle balancing act between visceral gore and psychological horror, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre is a simple but shivering experience, and Tobe Hooper's boundary-pushing use of gruesome torture and slaughter was somewhat groundbreaking in 1974.
November 6, 2016
From the very opening credits the mood is set. A mood of fear and anxiety. The story is simple, but it milks every possible second to the fullest. The atmosphere has got to be one of the strongest I've ever seen in a horror movie, and the scares are full on terrifying. Often remembered as one of the goriest movie ever, it has almost no gore in it at all. And that's the true power of fear, it makes you think and imagine things that aren't really there. That is real terror at its best.
½ November 5, 2016
I don't understand why was this movie so popular. The ending was confusing
November 3, 2016
It still a major assault on your senses.
½ October 31, 2016
Lacking in story but not in scares, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre definitely lives up to its disturbing premise making it a classic for years to come.
½ October 30, 2016
I recently watched TCM for the first time in a long time. I've always liked it and all but now that I'm older. I like it even more, this low budget slasher flick from the early 1970's holds up greatly. The acting is surprisingly well and still builds a sense of stress while watching what these young adults go through.
October 29, 2016
A purely repulsive and plainly weird film, yes. But it is also rather well made and ahead of its time. What really makes it work is its unrelenting and continual attack on the viewer. It never lays off and in a way dares you not to be weirded out or out right scared.
½ October 23, 2016
Unlikable characters and amateur acting makes it hard to get into this. But once the really horrible slaughtering starts you can't help but shift uncomfortably in your seat. Especially the last twenty minutes are really creepy, albeit unintentionally funny at times. But you can imagine what an impact the film must have had in its time.
½ October 22, 2016
9.5 out of 10:

Scary, terrifying, and a memorable villain makes TCSM one of true classics in horror history.
October 21, 2016
No doubt one of the most terrifying movies in the whole world.
October 21, 2016
This movie disturbed me, disgusted me, discomforted me, and I loved every minute of it.
½ October 18, 2016
Extremely sickining and absolutely terrifying.
October 14, 2016
Decidedly old school. Dated but still very original - brutal and fairly effectively scary. Unpleasant. For genre fans only.
October 8, 2016
Great direction and camera work, and disturbingly realistic. Even after over 40 years, this movie is still unsettling. One of the best low-budget horror movies of all-time.
October 7, 2016
A Fantastic film! A must watch for any horror fan. The film is absolutely genius! With it's Documentary style intro to it's amazing cannilbalistic family of the sawyers. This film is Deffinetly a classic, and one of my favorites.
October 7, 2016
I've never liked the Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I like the remake, I think that's pretty good, but the original is just kind of eh. I think it's way overrated.
October 1, 2016
The movie that started the low-budget gore fest, TTCM is a movie a true horror fan can love and watch over and over again
October 1, 2016
After numerous remakes, the original feels outdated although groundbreaking for its time. One of the most notorious horror films of all time, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre has become a classic.